Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Theresa May’s Legacy Idea

So, Theresa May’s ‘legacy’ idea is to have the U.K. ‘carbon net zero’ by 2050. Brilliant! No, really. What an amazing idea. The airwaves and MSM have been full of various pundits saying what an absolutely stunning idea it is. Let’s dismantle the infrastructure of our country, force everyone to drive electric cars, remove all gas boilers for something either electrically powered or far more expensive. Let’s cover fields in solar panels instead of using them for agriculture and build thousands of wind turbines.

Awesome. She is obviously an incredibly intelligent woman. One small thought. What about all the other countries?

China’s current CO2 output is around 27% of the world’s total. India’s is
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason', Mark Twain.

F**king IPad closed down before I finished!

India produces 5.8 %, Russia 4.79%, Japan 3.8%, Germany 2.23% etc etc. Where do we stand? We produce a whopping 1.1%. That’s it.

Even if we completely decarbonise the whole country it will mean jack s**t. All it will do is screw our industries up completely and cost billions of pounds.

Awesome Mrs May, truly awesome.
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason', Mark Twain.

I'll say this for nowt - if I make chilli as powerful as the one I cooked last night then this nation is going to have a major CO2 issue well before 2050.....and as for sulphur dioxide.......
    Kryten Personal Black Box Recording. Time: unknown. Location: unknown. Cause of accident: unknown. Perhaps if someone finds this recording it will shed light as to what happened here. My short-term memory appears to have been erased.This I ascribe to the proximity of the magnetic coils from Starbug's rear engine. (He looks around briefly) Secondly, due to the proximity of the magnetic coils, my short-term memory appears to have been erased.

Are we not attacking this from the wrong direction? Why not put money and thinking into harnessing all this lovely CO2?

Or plant a gazillion trees and shrubbery's to eat it all up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
    I'll say this for nowt - if I make chilli as powerful as the one I cooked last night then this nation is going to have a major CO2 issue well before 2050.....and as for sulphur dioxide.......
    I call bull****! You’re a bogbot. Bogbots don’t eat Chili therefore you are charged with impersonation of a human. The sentence is 3 days with Theresa May as her personal tampon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vim_Fuego View Post
    Are we not attacking this from the wrong direction? Why not put money and thinking into harnessing all this lovely CO2?

Or plant a gazillion trees and shrubbery's to eat it all up?
    Good call. Also, why not scrap HS2 and all other ‘legacy’ projects that help only a tiny minority and put that money into developing nuclear power?

Mr Ninje Sir - you are sick!!
    Kryten Personal Black Box Recording. Time: unknown. Location: unknown. Cause of accident: unknown. Perhaps if someone finds this recording it will shed light as to what happened here. My short-term memory appears to have been erased.This I ascribe to the proximity of the magnetic coils from Starbug's rear engine. (He looks around briefly) Secondly, due to the proximity of the magnetic coils, my short-term memory appears to have been erased.

Mr Ninje Sir - you are sick!!
    I’m confused. Is that a good or a bad thing?

For the Goat - its a very good thing!

So, you have just over 30 years to get rid of your car, stop flying overseas on foreign holidays, dismantle your hot water boiler and central heating, and erect a monstrous wind turbine in your back yard so you can give your TV enough juice to allow you to watch "Corrie"......

You up for it?

For the Goat - its a very good thing!

So, you have just over 30 years to get rid of your car, stop flying overseas on foreign holidays, dismantle your hot water boiler and central heating, and erect a monstrous wind turbine in your back yard so you can give your TV enough juice to allow you to watch "Corrie"......

You up for it?
    No need. My bunker is fully equipped and ready for the coming zombie holocaust. What exactly is this “Corrie” you speak of?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast