Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rampant Racism at Waitrose

Those evil racists at Waitrose have been caught flaunting their disgusting ideology and forced to apologise. Their crime? They gave 3 chocolate ducklings names and of course called the darker duckling ‘Ugly’. This is of course racist.

My advice is boycott this store; who knows what else they’re capable of.

Unfortunately this isn’t a joke. We are truly living in seriously f**ked up times.
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason', Mark Twain.

Saw that, truly amazing that someone complained it was racist and even more amazed that waitrose buckled to the tw4t.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

A Waitrose spokesman said: ‘We are very sorry for any upset caused by the name of this product, it was absolutely not our intention to cause any offence.

Welcome to Britain 2019 - the Land of Perpetually Offended.

But it's not just here - I read online that a university in the US has decided to shroud its 134-year-old murals of explorer Christopher Columbus after some students complained that the images were “demeaning” to Native Americans......
    Kryten Personal Black Box Recording. Time: unknown. Location: unknown. Cause of accident: unknown. Perhaps if someone finds this recording it will shed light as to what happened here. My short-term memory appears to have been erased.This I ascribe to the proximity of the magnetic coils from Starbug's rear engine. (He looks around briefly) Secondly, due to the proximity of the magnetic coils, my short-term memory appears to have been erased.

I can’t remember exactly who it was who sang the line ‘children are our future’ but I have the feeling that they could see the future and it was said ironically.

All these perpetually offended ‘toddler-adults’ are the teachers and politicians of the future.
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason', Mark Twain.

I wouldn't call it racism per se... I'd call it a poorly thought through marketing campaign. Something like that should have been picked up in the planning stage.

I have a friend who works for an IT company who came up with a system to sell to the Arab states.. it contained a map with the Gulf labeled the 'Persian Gulf'... as you can guess.. they didn't buy it.

A bit of social awareness goes along way.

6. Isn't 'toilet duck' an appropriation of gay culture, too?

7. What did they call the other 2 ducks? If it was White-supremacy and Master-race, then I might understand the upset!

Quote Originally Posted by gaznav View Post
    What did they call the other 2 ducks? If it was White-supremacy and Master-race, then I might understand the upset!
    I call my three ducks Adolph, Herman and Heinrich. Each to their own!

9. Quote Originally Posted by ninjarabbi View Post
    I call my three ducks Adolph, Herman and Heinrich.
    Do they return when you call them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Ronster View Post
    Do they return when you call them ?
    Only if they’re not invading Poland.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast