Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Building 870 - AAR / Mk32 Pod Bay

I am currently on 24 Squadron and have been heavily involved with the redevelopment of the former AAR maintenance bay, building 870 into a teaching facility. I was wondering if anyone knows the history of the building, specifically when it was built. On Tens, I always knew it as the Pod Bay, but was it always the Pod Bay or was it built for another purpose? Now being a bland, white-walled office/classroom facility, I thought it might be a nice touch to have something marking its historic contribution to one of Brize's main roles. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSwiftSuperb View Post
    I am currently on 24 Squadron and have been heavily involved with the redevelopment of the former AAR maintenance bay, building 870 into a teaching facility. I was wondering if anyone knows the history of the building, specifically when it was built. On Tens, I always knew it as the Pod Bay, but was it always the Pod Bay or was it built for another purpose? Now being a bland, white-walled office/classroom facility, I thought it might be a nice touch to have something marking its historic contribution to one of Brize's main roles. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.
    Was the Pod Bay when i started at Brize (for the first time) in 92
    Never give up bein a rigger to work behind a desk!!!!