Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Quote Originally Posted by FOMz View Post
    Yup - wages have spiraled downwards there. Most companies are using Nepalese or Bangladeshi's now.. and they come cheap.

When I was contracting in KBL I was on nearly double that..

The contract I was on whilst out there was 12 weeks on, 3 weeks off. But we weren't paid while we were off.

Were you working as a Cargo Handler in the TMO/Freight yard?

Since you've already compared the salary for a different location, with different payment terms (unpaid R&R) I'd like to think you're at least comparing the same job role.....

2. Quote Originally Posted by FootTapper View Post
    $4k (USD) per calendar month, every month. zero accommodation, food or laundry costs (you just pay for coffee and internet really)

12 weeks on, 3 weeks off rotation (plus travel days) with return flights paid to your home of residence on each rotation.

The Cargo Handler role is entry level, with room for advancement if you're any good.
    I'm not any good. Can I check how bad you can actually be, before getting sacked?

Just checking my viability.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kevster View Post
    I'm not any good. Can I check how bad you can actually be, before getting sacked?
    Just checking my viability.
    I knew several guys who used to be really good at their job - all got made redundant while you have forged a successful career on the twin pillars of mediocrity and disinterest.

You'd do great

Quote Originally Posted by FootTapper View Post
    Were you working as a Cargo Handler in the TMO/Freight yard?

Since you've already compared the salary for a different location, with different payment terms (unpaid R&R) I'd like to think you're at least comparing the same job role.....
    I was on exactly the same pay and contract terms as the guys that were doing that job role for us.

5. Quote Originally Posted by FOMz View Post
    I was on exactly the same pay and contract terms as the guys that were doing that job role for us.
    Fair enough - if the guys doing the basic cargo handler job were on $9k+ per month or more then good on them

Mind you, there's no snow in Kandahar

The job role is still open for anyone who fancies it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12