Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Quote Originally Posted by Teh Wal View Post
    "Looks like UK SAR is one of the few things keeping them afloat "

I remember a few "what if the civvy company goes under?" type conversations in the lead up to RAF SAR going civvy. Seemed to be one of those subjects that no-one wanted to discuss in any depth and now here we are facing the very prospect of it happening. Best we start dusting off all those old Sea King airframes... well, the ones that haven't been converted into cafes and glamping pods!
    And scrape the asbestos off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Wal View Post
    "Looks like UK SAR is one of the few things keeping them afloat "

I remember a few "what if the civvy company goes under?" type conversations in the lead up to RAF SAR going civvy. Seemed to be one of those subjects that no-one wanted to discuss in any depth and now here we are facing the very prospect of it happening.
    Best we start dusting off all those old Sea King airframes... well, the ones that haven't been converted into cafes and glamping pods!
    The venerable SK will be a non-starter. I'm sure Bristow will sort out their books before too long.

CHC did bid for the UK SAR contract (they entered Chpt 11 2-3 yrs ago) but the contract was awarded to BHL - so the sharks will be circling, its a murky world.

BHL had their fingers burnt in the 80's when they provided SAR in the Scottish islands (and Lee-on-Solent) for several years but they leased the aircraft and Hangars, and then the government of the time re-tendered the contract and awarded the contract to a competitor (CHC)

Bristows learned their lesson and (AFAIK) own the current SAR aircraft and the Hangars, so if they do go under the UK will have no SAR until a buyer comes in.
    Last edited by Keyser Söze; 2 Weeks Ago at 20:23.

Yup, even if they could get the old Queenies airworthy again there's no aircrew around who would be suitably qualified (front and rear crew) nor anyone around to actually train the crews anyway - so, a total none starter.

No longer a Holder of The Shilling.
    "I have... seen things you people wouldn't believe..."

Bristow $2Billion debt

Its happened Bristow enter Chapter 11 Bankruptcy with $2Billion debt

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...JiyjHCfYVFB5as

And Lakey has brought Eastern back for pennies i bet. However i reckon his competition is going to smash him in the long run. Reputation is everything.

YUP, Lox Pot Head, has bought Eastern back for a quid (the day before BHL declare bankruptcy) AND he also get a £17.1 million 'liquidity' float. Lakey sold Eastern for £27 million a few years back. I need to hold my nose

Oriental industiral holdings Ltd. Only been in existance for 2 weeks.
    Last edited by I Look Like Kevin Costner; 1 Week Ago at 14:39.

Bristow CEO J Bayliss 'stepped down' a few months ago (Mar 2019) and BHL appointed Don Miller formerly of ENRON - The 'ENRON DON' obviously reputation precedes

Lakey back. People shafted by him are ice cold. Reputation is everything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123