Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Lightbulb Student/registered nurse recruitment.

    Hey i'm not sure if anyone can help me but I am looking at joining the RAF as a nurse. Currently I am a few months into my 2nd year of Adult nurse training, was just wondering if anyone knew when I am able to apply for the nursing position, the website says up to 12 months before qualifying but i've heard on the grapevine that its 3 months before qualifying. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Living by the C
    Posts
    5,457
    Speak to your nearest careers office as they’ll give you the latest information, there’s quite a bit to get done and it takes time to get through it all so it could easily take 12 months, if I remember correctly you’ll need your PIN number before you can join anyway.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

    E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere between Iraq and a hard place
    Posts
    11,727
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    Hey i'm not sure if anyone can help me but I am looking at joining the RAF as a nurse. Currently I am a few months into my 2nd year of Adult nurse training, was just wondering if anyone knew when I am able to apply for the nursing position, the website says up to 12 months before qualifying but i've heard on the grapevine that its 3 months before qualifying. Thanks.
    We have a Resident Nurse (albeit not a very good one as he ignored a seriously ill patient once, but that's another story ) who hopefully be online at some point and should be able to give you all the pointers you need. His username is Penfold93

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nursing Home
    Posts
    3,131
    Quote Originally Posted by FOMz View Post
    We have a Resident Nurse (albeit not a very good one as he ignored a seriously ill patient once, but that's another story ) who hopefully be online at some point and should be able to give you all the pointers you need. His username is Penfold93
    This was not ignoring, but an attempt to rid the world of a burden on society, a weak and useless oxygen thief. I also stood to make a great deal of cash from S2, Wobbly, Bitburger and the rest of the Mods if I ignored your whining in the hope that you shuffled off!

    Hope this helps

    Never Push a Full Commode PULL IT

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    11,872
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold93 View Post
    This was not ignoring, but an attempt to rid the world of a burden on society, a weak and useless oxygen thief. I also stood to make a great deal of cash from S2, Wobbly, Bitburger and the rest of the Mods if I ignored your whining in the hope that you shuffled off!

    Hope this helps
    and the question about nursing at the top of the thread Einstein?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

  6. Hi,

    I am guessing you are looking to complete your nursing qualification before application? Or come into the RAF upon completion of it? I would suggest the first POC would be to speak to a member of the Nursing recruitment team as I know you will have a specialist application process with specialist interviews and discussions.

    You may be able to apply 6-12 months before RN(A) qualification. This will take you through the application process (interview, specialist interviews, medicals, fitness tests etc) then how quick you actually join will be down to spaces on the course etc.

    I would recommend calling the Nursing Services Recruitment Team on 01400 266782 and speaking to them as they can give you the best information.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nursing Home
    Posts
    3,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Vim_Fuego View Post
    and the question about nursing at the top of the thread Einstein?
    The individual has already contacted me via PM and I have discussed the topic nuff said!

    Never Push a Full Commode PULL IT

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. RAF Student Nurse
    By OldMedic in forum Medical
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-01-2012, 14:13
  2. Tg15 Registered Nurse (Adult) Sgt-FS PSB 2010
    By RAF_Nurse! in forum Medical
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-04-2010, 12:47
  3. Registered at last
    By Boomerang in forum Arrivals
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 13:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top