Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Quote Originally Posted by unruly1986 View Post
    Should be written as though they are staying in.

Of course, what you are able to write will depend on what they have given you in terms of a boast/brag sheet. If they are out soon then have they bothered?
    Not really - bare minimum.

Also, the individual may rejoin or rescind the ET. You are doing the right thing by completing the report properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by muttywhitedog View Post
    Are the RAF desperate for people to rescind their PVRs now - I thought once you hit the button, that was it.
    You would be surprised how desperate they have got! i know a couple of lads now that have been contacted after they have pushed the 9 clicks to freedom to be asked what would it take to change your mind, and both got what they wanted.
    Good food, good accomodation and good pay are the 3 pillars for keeping people happy in the RAF (WO Catering, Inside Brize Norton, Thursday 19th Dec 2013) roll on the day that ever happens.........

4. Quote Originally Posted by ady eflog View Post
    You would be surprised how desperate they have got! i know a couple of lads now that have been contacted after they have pushed the 9 clicks to freedom to be asked what would it take to change your mind, and both got what they wanted.
    Rightly or wrongly you can ET, take the money and run, then join back up 12 months down the line. You keep the lump sum, but the monthly amount stops until you leave 'again'.

Quote Originally Posted by unruly1986 View Post
    Rightly or wrongly you can ET, take the money and run, then join back up 12 months down the line. You keep the lump sum, but the monthly amount stops until you leave 'again'.
    Does that not affect final pensionable amounts? Only asking not because I have any intention of joining back up (as I'd rather lean against my dad to get him deeper inside my mum) but just genuinely interested.
    Elitest B'stard.

Show me a man who never fails and I'll show you a man who never tries.......

6. Quote Originally Posted by Spearmint View Post
    Does that not affect final pensionable amounts? Only asking not because I have any intention of joining back up (as I'd rather lean against my dad to get him deeper inside my mum) but just genuinely interested.
    Sorry, I don’t know. I believe that there is a dedicated ‘rejoiners’ website which might have the info. Sounds like a tricky one as to the best of my knowledge the RAF cannot provide you with pension advice. How they work it out for those coming back in is anyone’s guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Scribe View Post
    Yes, you are correct on both accounts; still time for them to change their minds!
    I absolutely agree with HS, particularly if they have served you, their work place and the wider RAF well, during the reporting period. And whilst I appreciate the pragmatist's approach of MWD I very much doubt that any significant time is really wasted, and lets face it there is considerable waste in HM Forces (like any other public sector)

As an aside on a personal level who knows what may happen in future, this guy who has taken ET may work for you, or vice-versa; So the mantra of 'what goes around ; comes around' may come true

8. you keep your lump sum but stop getting your monthly pension and have to pay whatever you commutated until you are 55 (so if it works out you commutated 100per month from your pension you have to pay that back each month). your pension starts ticking again and you get the difference at the end of your service between what you would have got if you never left minus what you already had.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12