Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: Reverse in or nose in?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reverse into a parking slot

41 78.85%
  • Park nose in to a parking slot

11 21.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reversing your car in

Ever since I learnt how to drive on an RAF driving course, I've always reversed my car into a parking slot, my driveway wherever... the long hairier dictator and little Miss Fomz however always park nose in.

They say it annoys them when I reverse park in, but often the gain the benefit of driving straight out, and it grips my **** when they park nose in...

Who's right here?

2. I reverse park all the time as it makes it a lot safer when leaving car parks, especially with the drivers around Elgin.

Nose in with supermarkets and I know Iíll need access to the boot, reverse in rest of time, unless itís parallel parking of course.

Wifey normally good at reversing in, last house had a shared drive that made sense to do so, neighbors the opposite, although she normally makes me do her parallel parking when itís between cars.

Only two more years for Busby Jnr to get some keys and dread to think whatíll happen then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

I'm with Busby on this; nose in if I know I need access to the boot at supermarkets or airports, otherwise reverse in. Reversing in is safer for getting out and also, in busy carparks etc, generally less disruptive to other drivers and therefore they are more likely to let you out.

5. Drive in. So few ppl reverse that bucking the trend leaves you drivers door to drivers door.

6. Good game, good game!!

https://www.driverseddirect.com/game/index.aspx?

Here's my attempt.

parking.JPG

Can't reverse in to my drive because of the angle of it - the front bumper drags on the floor when I reverse in.
    Never reverse in to a parking space unless I have to, cos it makes accessing the boot more difficult.

Never had any issues reversing out of a driveway or parking space. I've been driving 25 years and never even given it a thought until now!

Despite MT being the biggest jobsworths since GD trade got disbanded, I've got to say I'll reverse in 9 times out of 10.

However I do like to drive my Baghdad taxi straight in if the car parked next to me is over my side of the line in order to make getting back into their nice shiney lease-mobil as much of an effort as it would have caused me.

Mostly reverse in, OH tends to go for girly spaces in the supermarkets where there's 2 spaces one in front of the other so she can drive through and be reversed parked without the effort!

I go nose in as I'm nails and the best driver ever....end of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast