Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjarabbi View Post
    Add to that the weapons grade f**kw*ts who, in a tiny Tescoís take a fully loaded trolley to the self-service tills thus holding everyone up whilst they **** about, cockwombles....
    Even worse are the ones who do a months shopping in the Tesco petrol stations and leave their cars at the pump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

2. Those cnuts who avoid empty car parking spaces and pull up in the small service area, where the air and water is, so they don't have to walk the extra 5 yards into the garage shop for some fags and a mobile top-up.

It be nice for all them to get boils and starve to death in a slum.
    It all started with nothing, then it exploded.

What Boils Your Wee-wee?

You are in, or, outside a Bank and despite the lengthening queue, the client in front of you obtains his statement whatever, stands and peers at it without moving to one side, then closely examines the ATM, looks back at his statement, scratches his head, peers again at the machine more than once, before slowly drifting away. You feel like screaming at this nutwit, "It's a machine, you dullard, it can't talk to you or explain a problem; if you have a query go to the counter and get out of folks' way!" But, of course, you don't! My other gripe is electric invalid scooters. Paradoxically I thank the Good Lord I still have my mobility and feel the utmost sorrow for genuine cases but some are a damned danger to be around. There was a hefty over twenty stone chap the day literally zooming around Morrisons; you had to jump out of his way jolly sharpish else he would have had you. Walking down Stamford High Street today, again I had to get out of the way rather smartly to avoid a chap coming up rather fast behind me with a kid clinging for dear life to his back; he was making no attempt whatsoever to slow down from his maximum speed. It should be compulsory for the rider to have third party insurance. I am ever amused when we visit Skeggy. There is a hire shop for such vehicles next to the railway and bus interchange. What appear to be fit and hail fellows get off the public transport, make a beeline for the hire shop and take out a scooter for quite a nominal daily charge. Perhaps it should be enacted that a doctor's certificate should be produced. Rant over!

There was a hefty over twenty stone chap the day literally zooming around Morrisons
    Is this bloke on a road-worthy carriage? I think I have dodged him as well.
    I must have also seen the ATM head-scratcher as well as his wife who will always put each note back in her purse and then put her card back in her purse, and then put the purse back in her hand-bag before moving instead of taking 2 steps to the side first.

Well the fail safe stop on the TB pressure cooker is about to blow so what boils my Wee wee is the ongoing Brexit hoopla. The peopleís vote, hello!! we had one, stop whinging and just accept democracy FFS 52% said lets go itís not best of three. Seemingly 700,000 had a march in London asking for another peopleís vote that means roughly 65 million people didnít. Using TB primary school maths 700,000 is a smaller number than 65 million. Tory Brexit how can that be possible?? In the peoples vote 52% voted to leave, Theresa may is running a minority government propped up by the DUP if the Tories had garnered 52% of the vote last general election they would have a thumping majority so itís patently not a Tory Brexit. It might be simply that they are the party in power at the moment and therefore have the task of carrying out the peoples mandate to leave. Whatís all the panic about anyway for many decadeís nay centuries we have managed to govern our own state and run our own affairs? Itís Great Britain not frightened of the French and bit scared by Belgium Britain. Why and how after a mere 40 years of attachment to Europe have we suddenly become incapable of running the country using our own laws and statutes. Brexit just get on with it and stop the dithering, stop asking what they would like us to do and start telling them what are going to do. Stop standing there head bowed, wringing your metaphorical cloth cap asking for permission to do stuff and get on with it FFS, And breathe
    Stents keeping things open 24/7

Men have status, boys are busy updating theirs

Agreed TB. And this is not a 'win' thing either...Another vote on something already democratically voted upon with a valid result will destroy democracy itself.

If another vote is allowed because people who did not get the result they wanted manage to wrangle a re-vote then what happens at the next general election. If it's close and lets say Labour win (just as an example) then what's now stopping the losing voters from challenging it saying 'They lied to us...we don't want this result...we want another vote'? Whilst I recognise the difference between a referendum and an election the premise is the same. All participants set their stalls out, we listen and vote on their merits.

It could spread to any votes we take in a democratic process...local elections and so on and the people kicking back could cite the legal precedent of the second vote on leaving Europe. Its a Pandora's box I don't think we want to open ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

What I don't understand is this:

One of the arguments we have heard post the Referendum was that the 2016 vote itself "was only advisory".

So surely then, by the same logic, wouldn't this "People's Vote" be just as advisory?
    Rimmer: I've no idea who you are, but boarding this vessel is an act of war, ergo we surrender! And as prisoners of war, I invoke the All Nations Agreement article number 39436175880932/B.

Kryten: 39436175880932/B? All nations attending the conference are only allocated one car parking space? Is that entirely relevant, sir? I mean, here we are in mortal danger and you're worried about the Chinese delegates bringing two cars.

How the feck has this thread got to page 6 without a rant about movers? In my day post 3 would have included ****s, s, wouldn't **** on them if they were on fire, etc etc.

Always read the small print. It usually starts "Your attestation date is....."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
    ..... the Referendum was that the 2016 vote itself "was only advisory".

We live in a Parliamentary Democracy that is defined as the House of Commons being the ultimate say of the people of this country (who are naturally; unruly, unconventional and sick to fcking death with loads of crap from all political angles including Europe, Westminster, Town Hall, village Hall et-al), any referendum is nothing but advisory and need not be acted upon.

So what boils my wee wee (as well as many other things) is those who label themselves as Brexiteers and tell us that their blindingly massive 3.8% majority gives them the right to demand stuff, that us British people weren't actually asked about in the referendum, when a majority in Parliament may, or may not, actually agree with them.
    It all started with nothing, then it exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonterseed View Post
    We live in a Parliamentary Democracy that is defined as the House of Commons being the ultimate say of the people of this country (who are naturally; unruly, unconventional and sick to fcking death with loads of crap from all political angles including Europe, Westminster, Town Hall, village Hall et-al), any referendum is nothing but advisory and need not be acted upon.

So what boils my wee wee (as well as many other things) is those who label themselves as Brexiteers and tell us that their blindingly massive 3.8% majority gives them the right to demand stuff, that us British people weren't actually asked about in the referendum, when a majority in Parliament may, or may not, actually agree with them.
    The Majority in parliament agreed to give the choice to the public, the Majority in Parliament agreed to enact the results of the referendum, the Majority in parliament, however being self serving politicians in the main, donít want to leave the EU, including those currently in charge of our withdrawal agreement.

The reason this is tricky is because the EU doesnít want to allow people to leave, especially not one of its major contributors and G7 member, it is a control organisation that has its own agenda, countries leaving reduce its control and divert its agenda.

If there were to be a second referendum it is very likely that the majority either way would be very similar, at most, so if it did flip or remain the same would this difference of of only two million people be just as marginal, non binding or advisory as the first.

33 plus million people had their say more than half of whom said letís leave, for whatever reason, with some ignorance of the facts on both sides, thatís democracy in action, keep repeating the voting until you get the right answer, the EU preferred solution, is not democracy in action.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast