Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crypto Airdrops

There's more to cryptocurrency than Bitcoin.

Google the 'internet of value' and then read the Ripple/XRP white paper.

These guys are serious.
    "God has a hard-on for Technicians. Why? Because we fix, everything we see"

Quote Originally Posted by MontyPlumbs View Post

These guys are serious.
    Thereís probably money to made in Blockchain and other methods to make the internet safer and less dodgy, I like my cash to be in form of a promissory note.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

3. Quote Originally Posted by MontyPlumbs View Post

These guys are serious.

Agreed, it's taken us several years to get where we are now and Crypto is still only in nappies!!

There's strong evidence to suggest that physical cash will be phased out in the next few decades, essentially all money will be 'crypto' (i.e on a blockhain) whether you like it or not.

XRP, for example, seeks to eliminate the NOSTRO/SWIFT system and free up billions of Dollars sat in accounts around the world.

Will it be easy dislodging SWIFT and decades of the NOSTRO accounts? Of course not. Is it exciting and potentially world changing? Yup.

For a few grand, I'm along for the ride. If it comes to nothing, I haven't invested more than I'm willing to lose, but the possibilities are huge.

Thereís a little bit of a difference between traditional currencies using crypto/blockchain as they become more digital and stand alone crypto currencies created by individuals to help criminals move money around freely and unregulated brokers to skim of a pretty penny, if theyíre not being hacked and having all their coins stolen (and donít forget there are no coins).

Two reasons I wouldnít buy any, by the time Iíve heard about things theyíre mainstream so most of the stupid profit has already been banked so itís all risk from then on in, and if I had a list of things that represented the Emperorís new clothes, these would be on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

FIAT currency is used by a lot more criminals than any crypto!

XRP isn't used by criminals (you're confusing privacy coins with all cryptos), it works within the banking system and is a pukka company. One of Ripples largest partners is SBI Holdings, the largest Bank in Japan.

https://ripple.com/company/board-of-directors/

Yes, exchanges can be hacked, so can your bank account. Once regulation occures (it's coming) many of the '****coins' wil disappear and consumers will be fully protected. I use Etoro, which is FCA registered anyway (incidentally Etoro is also part financed by SBI).

Like I said, there's more to Cryptocurrency than Bitcoin, but whatever, it might all collapse tomorrow, I might make a six figure sum, I'm sure to come back to this thread to update it.

However, with Ripple/XRP I'm pretty sure I've backed the right horse if cryptocurrency has any future at all.
    Last edited by MontyPlumbs; 4 Days Ago at 07:14.

7. A friend has 25k of XRP and in December it reached $3, so he COULD have cashed out $75k. His words to me were that he is not going to sell until at least $5; now look where we are at .

However, XRP seems to be the banks choice of coin, so fingers crossed - i have a very small amount of XRP, i am mainly in Fun, WPR and Eth.

[QUOTE=MontyPlumbs;658939For a few grand, I'm along for the ride. If it comes to nothing, I haven't invested more than I'm willing to lose, but the possibilities are huge.[/QUOTE]

Thats the key, donít gamble what you canít afford to lose. I stuck a few bob on Tron, itís been volatile but always affordable, itís low price means that I shouldnít lose too much if it fails. Fingers crossed that the main net launch kicks it on.

I took the option of Crypto over investing in an ISA, which at the moment arenít offering too much reward.
    When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion

9. I like the idea of Bitcoin and the like for what it is actually intended for. I very nearly bought some a few years back when I needed to make an online payment. However, it's turned into something that people see as a way of making money. I'm sure it will all settle down and it will become the norm, but the days of making a quick bit of cash are probably over thankfully and it can get back to its intended use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux_deluxe View Post
    I like the idea of Bitcoin and the like for what it is actually intended for. I very nearly bought some a few years back when I needed to make an online payment. However, it's turned into something that people see as a way of making money. I'm sure it will all settle down and it will become the norm, but the days of making a quick bit of cash are probably over thankfully and it can get back to its intended use.
    This is probably the most stupid question ever asked on the Goat but here goes ...

What is the difference between using Bitcoins / Ether Currency for online purchases and using your normal bank card?
    It's not the man in the fight - it's the fight in the man.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast