Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SRO and SSO’s

Quote Originally Posted by Spearmint View Post
    Although quite often here I see serving US Personnel trying to beat the tannoy by running to the smoking area or inside a building to avoid having to stand to attention for 2mins.....
    Now I have a role where Capacity Planning is a very important part of the week, I shudder at the thought of how many man hours of productivity are lost each year on this sort of event. 50 people a day caught outside 5 days a week equates the entire weekly productivity of 1.2 individuals!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstacker View Post
    C'mon Spearmint - we've all done that!!! (except possibly ILLBW.....) At least in the RAF we only had/have to stand when in sight of the ensign/can hear the whistle. The RN have to do it wherever they are out in the open as 'Colours' is tannoyed across the station.
    Two of my old bases Neatishead & Henlow used to use the Stn tannoy in the 90's for ensign up & down.
    Retired and lovin' it! Move over Victor Meldrew, I'm getting older & crustier by the day

Quote Originally Posted by muttywhitedog View Post
    Now I have a role where Capacity Planning is a very important part of the week, I shudder at the thought of how many man hours of productivity are lost each year on this sort of event. 50 people a day caught outside 5 days a week equates the entire weekly productivity of 1.2 individuals!
    How much time is wasted walking around grass or having to park in a distant car park.

I regularly visit a site based on an old RAF Station with a part of the airfield working as the car park and most of the paths set at right angles.

Notice I didn’t mention smoke breaks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstacker View Post
    C'mon Spearmint - we've all done that!!! (except possibly ILLBW.....) At least in the RAF we only had/have to stand when in sight of the ensign/can hear the whistle. The RN have to do it wherever they are out in the open as 'Colours' is tannoyed across the station.
    It's worse hear as you can't really hear the tannoys whilst driving along so you become oblivious to it.....unless some thick redneck in his Dodge Ram Pick up adorned with 'Hillary for Prison' and NRA stickers suddenly stamps their brakes on in front of you....
    Elitest B'stard.

Show me a man who never fails and I'll show you a man who never tries.......

5. Quote Originally Posted by Spearmint View Post
    It's worse hear as you can't really hear the tannoys whilst driving along so you become oblivious to it.....unless some thick redneck in his Dodge Ram Pick up adorned with 'Hillary for Prison' and NRA stickers suddenly stamps their brakes on in front of you....
    trust me your hear the bugger if you get to ramstein, everything stops

During my time at JHQ RAFG we could walk on the grass. The SWO and the garrison RSM couldn't stop us.
    Patriotism is your conviction that this
    country is superior to all other countries
    because you were born in it.

George Bernard Shaw

Walking to and from car parks at a North West Shipyard I used to work in could take an hour out of your day...Your day not theirs as you had to clock in so you had to come in ever earlier to try and get your hours done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Walking to and from car parks at a North West Shipyard I used to work in could take an hour out of your day...Your day not theirs as you had to clock in so you had to come in ever earlier to try and get your hours done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Standing for the Star Spangled Banner used to cause mutterings at Al Kharj as well and I remember all the Brit lads standing to attention when "Rule Britannia" was played briefly during a film (it may have been "the Mummy" but don't quote me on that).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123