Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's Your Poison?

No this is not about Russians and restaurants in Salisbury...

Having as little as one alcoholic drink a day could shorten your life, according to a major new study.

An analysis of 600,000 drinkers found that drinking five to 10 alcoholic drinks a week was likely to shorten a person's life by up to six months.
    If you could only have one drink a day what would you go for? Is this just a another load of old b0llocks?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43738644
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vim_Fuego View Post

If you could only have one drink a day what would you go for? Is this just a another load of old b0llocks?

Yes it is a complete load of cow danglies....practically everything a person does in life has an element of risk - simply standing by the roadside and breathing in the air could shorten your life by the same amount. I'd rather die a drunk 60 year old than a bored 80 year old...
    Rimmer: I've no idea who you are, but boarding this vessel is an act of war, ergo we surrender! And as prisoners of war, I invoke the All Nations Agreement article number 39436175880932/B.

Kryten: 39436175880932/B? All nations attending the conference are only allocated one car parking space? Is that entirely relevant, sir? I mean, here we are in mortal danger and you're worried about the Chinese delegates bringing two cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Vim_Fuego View Post

Either Jamesons or Kraken, neat with one ice cube.

I've really taken to Doombar since moving down here...Its a great session ale; you can achieve the minimum gallon that a real man should drink once he's crossed the threshold of any pub without bloat or nausea.

That said one of those would be torture as where are the other 7? I once grabbed a few bottles of an export McCallum 12 year old malt on the O's mess shop in Bruggen on a landaway. It was astoundingly good so I guess that would have to be the one...and no-one has stated how big that one drink needs to be!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Beer - John Smiths Magnet.

Spirit - 12 Year Old Aberfeldy Highland single malt.

Wine - Dow's 20 Year Old Tawny Port.
    It's not the man in the fight - it's the fight in the man.

6. Beer: Fosters or Carling (anything stronger and I am Man down the next day)

Wine: Nil

Spirits: Nil

Beer - A real ale or a quality mild around 3.5% on the scale. When I can get hold of it Banks Colossal 501

Spirit - Morgan Spice, ice and not much coke

Wine - AKA Mr Muscle sink and plughole un-blocker awful stuff
    Stents keeping things open 24/7

Men have status, boys are busy updating theirs

8. So it will only shorten my life by 6 months and they will probably be the sh1ttiest 6 months at the end so having a drink seems like the sensible thing to do.

For me a fine German beer is what I like. I'm particularly fond of Altbier at the moment.
    I'm as happy as a Frenchman who's just invented a pair of self-removing trousers

Don't throw rocks at me, but in my mellow age I'm becoming partial to the odd keg of Hophouse13.
    "If you had to choose between your wife or winning the lottery, what new car would you pick"?

Late & Tired

I'm a pretentious drinker with beer at the minute trying to experience as many IPAs as possible.

Sprint wise - Whisky: Talisker 57' North, Gin: Nolets Silver, Tequila: Casamigos Anejo, Rum: Kraken, Whiskey: Prohibition.
    Elitest B'stard.

Show me a man who never fails and I'll show you a man who never tries.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast