Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Army Advert - All Stop for Prayers

Seen the Army advert where they’ve stopped a patrol to allow someone to pray?

How likely is this to actually happen? Do you have to build prayer time into your plan?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Well since they phased out smoke breaks.........
    Retired and lovin' it! Move over Victor Meldrew, I'm getting older & crustier by the day

Can you not just utter the Lords Prayer under your breath while on patrol or something? I'm sure the Almighty One would forgive you for making a token effort if you're busy
    When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Max Reheat View Post
    Can you not just utter the Lords Prayer under your breath while on patrol or something? I'm sure the Almighty One would forgive you for making a token effort if you're busy
    The guy concerned wouldn't be uttering the Lords Prayer.....

5. Thumbs up dave75

The soldier would be a target straight away for a sniper . The jihadis more likely capture him and rip him apart and put it online . So i dont think its a true representation of how things would go on ops .

Wow, advert doesn’t represent reality, you could always report it to the ASA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

Far away from London control in Manchester
    Seeing devote Muslims pray five times a day do the Army now yield to the whims of Islam and offer a compass to the willing converts.

What next military issue MTP prayer mats?
    The next obvious question is "what about providing for the others" such as those who's beliefs prevent any/all work on the sabbath?
    Livn' the dream & luvin' every minute

9. Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly_Jon View Post
    What next military issue MTP prayer mats?
    The next obvious question is "what about providing for the others" such as those who's beliefs prevent any/all work on the sabbath?
    An interesting point. When I was in I met a few Sikh lads who were allowed to wear a turban but would a Muslim waf be allowed to wear a full burqa?
    I'm as happy as a Frenchman who's just invented a pair of self-removing trousers

Woah this thread has gone a bit daily mail comments section, I remember when I was at Cosford in the early 2000's there being a worship room, most organisations that want to attract the best personnel would allow their staff to pray if they asked to.

As for it being allowed on ops I doubt anyone would ask to stop for a prayer in the middle of a firefight but I can imagine if it was an exercise somewhere there is no harm in being accepting of other peoples wishes / needs. Just remember not all Muslims are terrorists just as not all germans are nazi's
    "can you go to the med centre and pick up some fallopian tubing?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast