Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere between Iraq and a hard place
    Posts
    11,014

    SAS could change selection test to make it easier for female recruits

    The SAS is considering adapting its gruelling selection test to give women a better chance of succeeding, according to reports. The elite special forces unit is thought to be looking at plans to make one of its trademark recruitment exercises easier for female candidates to complete

    Soldiers hoping to join the Special Air Service and its sister regiment, the Special Boat Service (SBS), currently have to pass an initial physical test, which involves carrying heavy rucksacks over a series of long marches across mountainous terrain.

    But according to reports, the SAS is considering allowing female recruits to carry lighter loads and giving them more time to complete the test.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...male-recruits/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Exactly where I want to be
    Posts
    1,399
    Nope. If you want equality that means exactly that. You carry the same weight as the men and pass exactly the same tests.
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by FOMz View Post
    The SAS is considering adapting its gruelling selection test to give women a better chance of succeeding, according to reports. The elite special forces unit is thought to be looking at plans to make one of its trademark recruitment exercises easier for female candidates to complete

    Soldiers hoping to join the Special Air Service and its sister regiment, the Special Boat Service (SBS), currently have to pass an initial physical test, which involves carrying heavy rucksacks over a series of long marches across mountainous terrain.

    But according to reports, the SAS is considering allowing female recruits to carry lighter loads and giving them more time to complete the test.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...male-recruits/
    Already happening if you believe this fantasist

    https://www.rt.com/uk/376078-azi-ahmed-sas-training/
    "The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Exactly where I want to be
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime129 View Post
    Already happening if you believe this fantasist

    https://www.rt.com/uk/376078-azi-ahmed-sas-training/
    She's a politician therefore every words that spews out of her mouth is a lie.
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Near Blackpool.....
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime129 View Post
    Already happening if you believe this fantasist

    https://www.rt.com/uk/376078-azi-ahmed-sas-training/
    You might want to have a read of this...

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ful-fake-news/
    Rimmer: I've no idea who you are, but boarding this vessel is an act of war, ergo we surrender! And as prisoners of war, I invoke the All Nations Agreement article number 39436175880932/B.


    Kryten: 39436175880932/B? All nations attending the conference are only allocated one car parking space? Is that entirely relevant, sir? I mean, here we are in mortal danger and you're worried about the Chinese delegates bringing two cars.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Exactly where I want to be
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
    You might want to have a read of this...

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ful-fake-news/
    Too late! We've made up our minds, I've sharpened my pitchfork and that's that! Now, where's the rest of my mob?
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Kryten View Post

    You might want to have a read of this...

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ful-fake-news/
    Complete fantasist or economical with the truth

    https://thewaltercumpershunterclub.w...-her-sas-lies/
    "The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Near Blackpool.....
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime129 View Post
    Complete fantasist or economical with the truth

    https://thewaltercumpershunterclub.w...-her-sas-lies/

    To be honest, I don't know. What I can say is that regardless of what she may or may not have done she really didn't deserve to be called a lying whore, scum, fraudster on social media. I just hope that if women are allowed into the regiment they are treated a hell of a lot better.
    Rimmer: I've no idea who you are, but boarding this vessel is an act of war, ergo we surrender! And as prisoners of war, I invoke the All Nations Agreement article number 39436175880932/B.


    Kryten: 39436175880932/B? All nations attending the conference are only allocated one car parking space? Is that entirely relevant, sir? I mean, here we are in mortal danger and you're worried about the Chinese delegates bringing two cars.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Exactly where I want to be
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
    To be honest, I don't know. What I can say is that regardless of what she may or may not have done she really didn't deserve to be called a lying whore, scum, fraudster on social media. I just hope that if women are allowed into the regiment they are treated a hell of a lot better.
    I'd imagine the cooking and cleaning will improve massively
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Near Blackpool.....
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjarabbi View Post
    I'd imagine the cooking and cleaning will improve massively
    Uh oh....just registered an Amber warning light on my Kryten Diverse-O-Tron 5000 scanner.......
    Rimmer: I've no idea who you are, but boarding this vessel is an act of war, ergo we surrender! And as prisoners of war, I invoke the All Nations Agreement article number 39436175880932/B.


    Kryten: 39436175880932/B? All nations attending the conference are only allocated one car parking space? Is that entirely relevant, sir? I mean, here we are in mortal danger and you're worried about the Chinese delegates bringing two cars.




 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Commonwealth recruits to join up to make up for 'perilous' manpower shortages
    By FOMz in forum Royal Air Force and Military News.
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-05-2016, 11:34
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 28-11-2013, 15:09
  3. Already have ICT certifications. Will it make my life easier?
    By WompWompWomp in forum I'm thinking of joining the RAF.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-06-2010, 18:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top