Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Quote Originally Posted by Witty_Banter View Post
    but are they wearing growbags...?
    Aircrew - yes
    Int - no (they wear MPTE)

The GCS is classed as a live armed aircraft during missions so what else should they wear ?

2. What about a ribbon instead of a medal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does the medal represent, does it represent being in danger or does it represent being part of the operation.

No to the former, yes to the latter.

Not really sure people should get a medal for making a difficult or stressful decision

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

Perhaps we’re looking at this all wrong and we should now adopt the American military model. Passed an exam - medal, flown really really close to a war zone - medal, covered tea bar duty longer than 3 days - medal. Medals for everyone!
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

IMHO RPAS operators should get either a campaign or GSM. As should the aircrew over theatre and the groundcrew deployed to Aki.
    It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

6. Quote Originally Posted by commsordeath View Post
    Aircrew - yes
    Int - no (they wear MPTE)

The GCS is classed as a live armed aircraft during missions so what else should they wear ?
    Unless they're actually sitting on it, anything they want to wear - providing they can stand the ****-taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevienics View Post
    Unless they're actually sitting on it, anything they want to wear - providing they can stand the ****-taking.
    Our uniform / dress regs are all a bit of a joke if you ask me. If you're aircrew, you wear a flying suit no matter what job you're actually doing (in the case of reaper, you're not flying, the drone is - my lad doesn't need a flying suit to fly a plane on his XBox). And any non-jungle / non-deployed location that chooses to wear MTP/PCS over blues because they're 'supporting ops' must be run by a complete chomper - camouflage clothing! Inside a building!! In the middle of Lincolnshire!!! WTAF.... It really grips my sh!t when the top end go on and on about Service pride, yada yada yada, and then opt to choose to wear what is essentially Army uniform over our own, despite the fact that there's absolutely no need for it.

Sorry, early morning rant over, I have coffee now...

All jockeys when not actually flying should be in blues. Imagine if I went around waitrose in my coveralls......
    Good food, good accomodation and good pay are the 3 pillars for keeping people happy in the RAF (WO Catering, Inside Brize Norton, Thursday 19th Dec 2013) roll on the day that ever happens.........

9. Quote Originally Posted by ady eflog View Post
    All jockeys when not actually flying should be in blues. Imagine if I went around waitrose in my coveralls......
    ...which reminds me of this little anecdote.

In a hot and sandy EAG location, fully devoid of RAF flying machinery, the turnover was regular and included Aircrew for some very, very ground tours. Ironically they would arrive by green bird (and in MPCS as is required by all passengers) then instantly retire to their quarters, whereupon they would materialise and wear overalls in 45 degrees of heat for the next 6 months.

Laughing stock didn't even begin to cover it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12