Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. MODNET go belly up?

Been hearing over the past couple of days or so that MODNET rollout has been suspended due to contractual issues or similar. Anyone else heard the same? We've not yet gone over here at Cosford.
    This is not my sig, it was like this when I got here.

Quote Originally Posted by propersplitbrainme View Post
    Been hearing over the past couple of days or so that MODNET rollout has been suspended due to contractual issues or similar. Anyone else heard the same? We've not yet gone over here at Cosford.
    There was an article in The Times a week ago. The usual problem, contractor not providing the service stated, system not working etc etc. What a surprise!
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason', Mark Twain.

3. It was suspended a month ago by the 3* in charge of ISS. Any sites that have migrated will continue to sweep up nd complete their migration, any sites that haven't migrated have had their plans frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by techie_tubby View Post
    It was suspended a month ago by the 3* in charge of ISS. Any sites that have migrated will continue to sweep up nd complete their migration, any sites that haven't migrated have had their plans frozen.
    Brilliant! Just about to be posted to a DII unit from a Modnet one. That'll be nice.
    It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Downsizer View Post
    Brilliant! Just about to be posted to a DII unit from a Modnet one. That'll be nice.
    I'm having the issue the other way round. Detached to a MODNET unit from a Dii one.

Always read the small print. It usually starts "Your attestation date is....."

Quote Originally Posted by Downsizer View Post
    It's not that much of a drama, get them to create you a TMO account - allocated to your new role. You can then have access to all you need on MOSS and reach forward to your existing MODNET email account. Same thing happened to me earlier this year.
    They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare, reading E-Goat has proved this is NOT the case...

Quote Originally Posted by mad_collie View Post
    It's not that much of a drama, get them to create you a TMO account - allocated to your new role. You can then have access to all you need on MOSS and reach forward to your existing MODNET email account. Same thing happened to me earlier this year.
    Cheers Dogger!
    It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

Has anybody tried asking "Sally the virtual agent" what she's wearing yet? I was quite disappointed by the answer.

9. Quote Originally Posted by rocket scientist View Post
    Has anybody tried asking "Sally the virtual agent" what she's wearing yet? I was quite disappointed by the answer.
    Please be careful what you ask her, all the questions are logged by what you say and who says it. There have been a few people MAA'd and charged for what has been asked to her.

Quote Originally Posted by techie_tubby View Post
    Please be careful what you ask her, all the questions are logged by what you say and who says it. There have been a few people MAA'd and charged for what has been asked to her.
    Jeez, they just always find a way to suck the morale out of everything....
    Elitest B'stard.

Show me a man who never fails and I'll show you a man who never tries.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast