Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Quote Originally Posted by Tin basher View Post
    Did hear one union bloke saying it was time to nationalize the industry, presumably so that workers could continue to make stuff no one wants to buy any more.
    I wonder why they can't design and build something that someone does want to buy or is Bae no longer a major aircraft manufacturer?
    I'm as happy as a Frenchman who's just invented a pair of self-removing trousers

Quote Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
    Vim, I'm not sure at the moment - the process has begun and without giving too much away I'll only know if I am safe once the consultation period has concluded...and even then, unless there is a massive upturn in orders and interest in developing the next generation of trainer and fighter aircraft, it will most likely be a temporary thing..
    Kryten its time to dust of some spare head 3

"I don't need no bugger t' look after me! I may be half bad with silicon rickets, and me voice units may be shot t' buggery, but I don't need sympathy from the likes of 'im!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tedlooney View Post
    I wonder why they can't design and build something that someone does want to buy or is Bae no longer a major aircraft manufacturer?
    I don't think we as a nation can design, build, test, sell an aircraft on our own anymore for a longtime everything we buy and use is either a joint multi nation effort or bought of the shelf from the Spams. I'm not sure which was the last front line RAF jet that was solely British but you may have to go back to Lightening and Canberra to find one.
    Last edited by Tin basher; 1 Week Ago at 13:56.
    Stents keeping things open 24/7

Men have status, boys are busy updating theirs

3. Our issue we have not developed anything cutting edge for years and years, but relied upon current sales and ordering off the shelf elsewhere. This has a cost that must have been know at the time , and it is this...

Quote Originally Posted by Stevienics View Post
    Our issue we have not developed anything cutting edge for years and years, but relied upon current sales and ordering off the shelf elsewhere. This has a cost that must have been know at the time , and it is this...
    Got to disagree, as a nation we could probably develop something quite spectacular if we wanted to.

The problems come with making and selling the bughgers, most nations could probably defend themselves using Hawks and AD assets, letting off a few over horizon missiles or sending off a few cruise type missiles when required. These countries donít need Typhoon not the F35, too costly to support never mind buy, so they havenít.

Now if BAE marketed the Hawk as an offensive/defensive aircraft or produced something cheaper to buy and run then they could potentially fly off the shelves.

Anyway the future is unmanned and AI which should work out a lot cheaper for everyone in the long run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

Re innovation companies like BAE only innovate if they get money from the MOD and there isnít any. From personal experience they dont issue a pencil from the stationary cupboard unless itís civeted by a purchase order from MOD or other foreign mil entity. The Nation is in shut down until we sort debt out which we are very very slowly doing but it means we will be looking to companies like cash rich Boeing for decades to come for our new kit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vim_Fuego View Post
    Re innovation companies like BAE only innovate if they get money from the MOD and there isnít any. From personal experience they dont issue a pencil from the stationary cupboard unless itís civeted by a purchase order from MOD or other foreign mil entity. The Nation is in shut down until we sort debt out which we are very very slowly doing but it means we will be looking to companies like cash rich Boeing for decades to come for our new kit.
    I liken it to the Dragons Den situation, inventor comes on with an amazing product, great build quality and really effective at doing what it does.

Then Peter Or Debbie just say thereís market for it so they wonít invest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123