Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BAE 2000 jobs going

Big changes afoot for BAE as they thin out the workforce at Warton, Samlesbury, Marham, Leeming and other selected sites

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41566841
    Stents keeping things open 24/7

Men have status, boys are busy updating theirs

Not a good day.
    Rimmer: I've no idea who you are, but boarding this vessel is an act of war, ergo we surrender! And as prisoners of war, I invoke the All Nations Agreement article number 39436175880932/B.

Kryten: 39436175880932/B? All nations attending the conference are only allocated one car parking space? Is that entirely relevant, sir? I mean, here we are in mortal danger and you're worried about the Chinese delegates bringing two cars.

3. We're all right, Jack.

If they managed it correctly with the MOD they probably could have made that figure 1750 rather than 2000. By having a renegotiation of the TyTAN contract could have helped release 250 RAF personnel.

Always read the small print. It usually starts "Your attestation date is....."

What hasn't helped is that the workforce at Warton and Samlesbury had news of the redundancies confirmed not by the business, but by the BBC or Sky, as someone thought it would be a jolly fine idea to leak the news.
    Rimmer: I've no idea who you are, but boarding this vessel is an act of war, ergo we surrender! And as prisoners of war, I invoke the All Nations Agreement article number 39436175880932/B.

Kryten: 39436175880932/B? All nations attending the conference are only allocated one car parking space? Is that entirely relevant, sir? I mean, here we are in mortal danger and you're worried about the Chinese delegates bringing two cars.

Kryten, Just like Sky News announcing the Nimrods would be scrapped and Kinloss closed 3 hours before we were told there was a meeting in one of the hangars.

Always someone willing to tell the press before those it effects are notified.
    "The Blues isn't about making yourself feel better....
    It's about making everyone else feel as bad as you do.....
    While making a few bucks at the same time" Bleeding Gums Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fu Fu Valve View Post
    Kryten, Just like Sky News announcing the Nimrods would be scrapped and Kinloss closed 3 hours before we were told there was a meeting in one of the hangars.

Always someone willing to tell the press before those it effects are notified.

Yeah...all it then does is create a lot of very angry, very frustrated people and near panic by the management......

Ever thought it's a management tactic of 'leaking it' to the news first, then call a meeting, so that those affected already know when they get called in and it makes it easier for the management to then announce it...

Quote Originally Posted by FOMz View Post
    Ever thought it's a management tactic of 'leaking it' to the news first, then call a meeting, so that those affected already know when they get called in and it makes it easier for the management to then announce it...
    Why would any manager think itís easier to deal with a prewarned angry bunch of employees than have the same people informed in a safe, respectful and controlled manner.

There will be some tough weeks ahead for guys, their managers and letís not forget the guys families, in that part of the world thereís every chance that some people will not work again so hopefully thereís a generous package in there for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

Quote Originally Posted by FOMz View Post
    At the mass briefing we had yesterday the management stated quite categorically that the leak "had not come from the business".

To be honest, I don't think there is any point in a witch hunt - the news is out there and the consultation process has begun. I just think its despicable that for a good many people the first inkling they had that this was happening was either when they left on Monday night and were confronted by the Press, or when they got home and switched on their tellies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast