Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Irrespective of the probable provenance of the employees, it's just business. It happens everywhere, all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevienics View Post
    Irrespective of the probable provenance of the employees, it's just business. It happens everywhere, all the time.

Unfortunately, too true. One of the negatives of working for big companies is that when they have a lay off, the numbers can be equally as big - same thing happens in the motor industry, retail industry, manufacturing industry, etc etc, across the globe.

3. Not hearing much protest from the unions fav, our very own mr Corbyn...........

Quote Originally Posted by dctyke View Post
    Not hearing much protest from the unions fav, our very own mr Corbyn...........
    Did hear one union bloke saying it was time to nationalize the industry, presumably so that workers could continue to make stuff no one wants to buy any more. Its sad for those who will loose out and Warton and Samesbury have been aviation manufacturing centres for many many decades. I'm a proper KOS and I had relatives from the generation before mine who have worked there.
    Stents keeping things open 24/7

Men have status, boys are busy updating theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Tin basher View Post
    I'm a proper KOS...
    You're a what?? A small Greek island??

6. Quote Originally Posted by Witty_Banter View Post
    You're a what?? A small Greek island??
    Cheap, seedy and ****ed all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
    At the mass briefing we had yesterday the management stated quite categorically that the leak "had not come from the business".

To be honest, I don't think there is any point in a witch hunt - the news is out there and the consultation process has begun. I just think its despicable that for a good many people the first inkling they had that this was happening was either when they left on Monday night and were confronted by the Press, or when they got home and switched on their tellies.
    Iím assuming you made the cut?

This has been on the cards since 2015 at least. Back then I have on a course at a hotel near Salmesbury with said company for 3 days. Couple of times during it the air sector guys were excused to do telecons with bosses and Union reps about if they had jobs the next week...I think an Oman order saved the day then but since many in the Middle East choose French over UK jets these guys careers were doomed TBH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

8. Yep, falling sales mean falling jobs.
    However, I do believe there was a convenient link made to announce jobs going at RAF camps in the rundown to F35 and the replacement of RAF for USAF/US maintenance personnel...yes, some Limey Liney's will remain, but base maintenance will go to the spams.
    ...looked alright to me!

9. That's not going to pass the Daily Mail test at all.

Vim, I'm not sure at the moment - the process has begun and without giving too much away I'll only know if I am safe once the consultation period has concluded...and even then, unless there is a massive upturn in orders and interest in developing the next generation of trainer and fighter aircraft, it will most likely be a temporary thing..
    Rimmer: I've no idea who you are, but boarding this vessel is an act of war, ergo we surrender! And as prisoners of war, I invoke the All Nations Agreement article number 39436175880932/B.

Kryten: 39436175880932/B? All nations attending the conference are only allocated one car parking space? Is that entirely relevant, sir? I mean, here we are in mortal danger and you're worried about the Chinese delegates bringing two cars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast