Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FOMz View Post
    I found this clip of NinjaRabbi earlier...

If I'm being totally honest, he has far more hair and is much more attractive than I could ever be!
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

Quote Originally Posted by Witty_Banter View Post
    These days, having ultraviolet hair, hand tats, a goatee, piercings etc is all completely mainstream.
    Really!! you swim in a very different stream to me. My mates Mrs has bright blue hair, next doors grandson has visible tats everywhere (hands & face) and two ceramic polo mints in his ear lobes, I know an old bloke in his 70's with a goatee. Thinking about it I probably know less than 6 people who are in the particular mainstream you describe.
    Stents keeping things open 24/7

Men have status, boys are busy updating theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Tin basher View Post
    My mates Mrs has bright blue hair, next doors grandson has visible tats everywhere (hands & face) and two ceramic polo mints in his ear lobes, I know an old bloke in his 70's with a goatee. Thinking about it I probably know less than 6 people who are in the particular mainstream you describe.
    Do you think that mainstream is too definitive a word for it? Visible tattoos are definitely mainstream - approx 1 in 5 people has at least one tattoo (I've got at least 15). Ear piercings have been mainstream for decades, with male ear piercing becoming mainstream in 90s culture. Body piercing followed a decade later, and more recently facial piercings and body modifications are becoming common.

I'll accept that people's exposure to this sort of thing can be entirely dictated by their own lifestyle, and where they live (compare the Cotswolds to London, for example). The higher the polupation of an area, the more likely you are to be exposed to it. Even 10 years ago, there were people working in Tesco who had coloured hair, tattoos, piercings etc. Even a recent fast-food-outlet TV ad features a young woman with tats/piercings/'crazy hair'.

So yes, I would still say it's all mainstream, and becoming more so every day.

[QUOTE.Even a recent fast-food-outlet TV ad features a young woman with tats/piercings/'crazy hair'.[/QUOTE]

And she looks feckin' horrible!
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjarabbi View Post

Wouldn't you? I know I would. Can't be too choosy at my age

Quote Originally Posted by rocket scientist View Post
    Wouldn't you? I know I would. Can't be too choosy at my age
    No, no I wouldn't. Not even with Fomz's micro-dinkle. Now, if they remade that advert with Rachel Riley I'd eat in that fast food restaurant on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by ninjarabbi View Post
    [QUOTE.Even a recent fast-food-outlet TV ad features a young woman with tats/piercings/'crazy hair'.
    And she looks feckin' horrible![/QUOTE]

Really? You can barely see her tats or her hair, in fact I'd say it was quite minimalist!

http://www.popbuzz.com/tv-film/news/...DMVmFa0IjGf.97

Obviously, I would (if I was 20 years younger, she looks about 18...)

8. And she looks feckin' horrible![/QUOTE]

In your opinion...............

Lions, Donkeys and Dinosaurs. Once the Dinosaurs are removed maybe we can move with the times.
    Your eyes are gazing back from
    Every little piece of glass
    You seem to smile from every place
    Sally Cinnamon
    You are my world

Take me to Heaven with the wings at 67.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo View Post
    In your opinion...............

Lions, Donkeys and Dinosaurs. Once the Dinosaurs are removed maybe we can move with the times.[/QUOTE]

Compared to the utter delight that is Rachel Riley........yes, the weird hair colour and tattoos do not a vision of loveliness make. You're not related are you?

Far away from London control in Manchester
    How about everyone having bullet heads and collectively support Arsenal FC. While going into combat against the enemy shouting "Your gunna get yer F***ing head kicked in".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails th-8.jpeg  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast