Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Men having long hair in the military

So, why can't we?

We have women in the regiment now, women are allowed long hair, men are not.

Is it discrimination?

Anyone got a good reason why other than "That's how it is!"

women have been in the military for millenia, men have always had to have short hair. The reason that I can see is that a bloke with long hair would probably look better than 65% of the waafs
    "can you go to the med centre and pick up some fallopian tubing?"

Totally right, there should be equality within the Armed Forces especially on hair. Therefore everyone, male and female (there only be two military Genders) should be shaved completely bald!
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

Pony tails, mullets, top knots - they all make blokes look ridiculous, that's why!!!

I had to ask permission to get a No 3 a couple of years back as it was classed as an extreme haircut so it works both ways.
    Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.

Short hair! many years ago I was given this explanation. Way back it was for 2 reasons, firstly hygiene amongst the troops and secondly in the days of swords, shields, spears, knives, bows and arrows etc there was much more chance of hand to hand fighting and short hair was one less thing for your opponent grab hold of whilst slaughtering you. These days of ICBM's, decent bullets and sniper rifles etc short hair is somewhat irrelevant. Equality is where we should be, same rules on hair styles for both genders.
    Stents keeping things open 24/7

Men have status, boys are busy updating theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    I had to ask permission to get a No 3 a couple of years back as it was classed as an extreme haircut so it works both ways.
    Really?! I've been shaving what was left of my hair (which wasn't much I can tell you) since 1986 down to a grade 1. No comments apart from one anal doctor who stated 'I don't like my troops looking like Royal Marines'.
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

8. Also I see some hairy women with massive sideburns.

Also one rule for 1 and 1 for another.

Men with long hair would end up with Fomz trying to get one pregnant in a dimly lit bop...and despite the obvious anatomical challenges he still isn't allowed to breed with anything....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vim_Fuego View Post
    Men with long hair would end up with Fomz trying to get one pregnant in a dimly lit bop...and despite the obvious anatomical challenges he still isn't allowed to breed with anything....
    I can see a world where Fomz did procreate, a world of little oompah-loompah sized Fomz's! There's s film in there somewhere, a horror film obviously!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast