Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    ^^^^^^^^
    Yet again TB, I'm with you on that one!
    2.9% for Aug bodes well.
    I make a point of having a pint on HM Liz2, each month when my Pension rolls in.
    "If you had to choose between your wife or winning the lottery, what new car would you pick"?

Late & Tired

2. The day you work past 22 years, you are working for less.

If you deduct your pension amount from your wages, you get the right calulation. I think its £9500 a year pension for a Sgt, therefore your £38k wage is now equal to a Junior Cpl/Top level SAC..

(Rough Figures before Tax).

Quote Originally Posted by ERT View Post
    The day you work past 22 years, you are working for less.

If you deduct your pension amount from your wages, you get the right calulation. I think its £9500 a year pension for a Sgt, therefore your £38k wage is now equal to a Junior Cpl/Top level SAC..

(Rough Figures before Tax).
    I interviewed an Ex Techy SNEC yesterday, really nice bloke, the offer will be about £38K to £40K pa and he said that this is what he is looking for, add his pension to this, and this was for a techie type role, not management nor supervision.

The guy hadn't been out of work since he left the mob.

So more money, less responsibility and doing what he likes, actually working with his hands.

When I was in the Food Industry we paid about the same basic for multi skilled technicians, then with overtime on top they could earn a lot more, people with a military background and a positive attitude were seen as some of the best candidates, although I did interview quite a few with a bad attitude who would find it hard to fit in with a lot of employers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234