Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Have the poor babies never heard of pot noodles and biscuit dippers? God help them otherwise.

One Round, One Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Cooheed View Post
    Have the poor babies never heard of pot noodles and biscuit dippers? God help them otherwise.
    why should they have to put up with those conditions on a uk based training course? if it was a deployment you have to put up with all kinds of cr@p conditions but for a training course the standards should be like any other camp or failing that some cheap travel tavern.
    "can you go to the med centre and pick up some fallopian tubing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Downsizer View Post
    Penfold, clarify pronto.
    The accommodation I have been asked to use is the civvie students accommodation that houses the Phase 2 students they have a shared 'flat' with communal kitchen and bathroom. As this is their 'home' for 3 years they get FIA as the accommodation is totally civilian owned and run.

If my Phase 3 students go in there regardless of mixing Phase 2 and Phase 3 they will not have ensuite facilities, not parking on site so cars left in a dodgy area and no where to buy food for miles!

Never Push a Full Commode PULL IT

If I was in a similar situation I would throw it back to the Trade / Course sponsor and let them write to the students explaining the accommodation set up.

They might change their minds when people start pulling off the course.
    It's not the man in the fight - it's the fight in the man.

Quote Originally Posted by penfold93 View Post
    The accommodation I have been asked to use is the civvie students accommodation that houses the Phase 2 students they have a shared 'flat' with communal kitchen and bathroom. As this is their 'home' for 3 years they get FIA as the accommodation is totally civilian owned and run.

If my Phase 3 students go in there regardless of mixing Phase 2 and Phase 3 they will not have ensuite facilities, not parking on site so cars left in a dodgy area and no where to buy food for miles!
    Tricky one this, is it classed as sssa then for the Ph2 dorks?
    It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

Quote Originally Posted by penfold93 View Post

Can't be Selly Oak.. you can't move for curry houses and kebab shops!

Don't you have to do a minimum number of days for FIA. At the end of the day they need to be provided with a safe bed, tick, temporary duty food, daily rates, and to and from work, shared taxi.

Not rocket science and makes sense to use spare accommodation and at the end of the day it's only for few nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

Quote Originally Posted by busby1971 View Post
    Don't you have to do a minimum number of days for FIA. At the end of the day they need to be provided with a safe bed, tick, temporary duty food, daily rates, and to and from work, shared taxi.

Not rocket science and makes sense to use spare accommodation and at the end of the day it's only for few nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed I am not saying we should lay out the red carpet but I want to be able to ensure that no one is out of pocket so they can claim the correct allowances and this is laid out in the JI's and when we do the admin bumph at the start of the course.

cheers

Never Push a Full Commode PULL IT

If there is no food available then the default would be 25 sheets DS.
    It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12