Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    127.3 miles from Saints
    Posts
    6,544

    Army instructors charged

    Not just one or two but 17 former Army recruit instructors.

    "The group from the Army Foundation College in Harrogate are facing 40 charges, including actual bodily harm and battery. They are due to appear at Bulford Court Martial Centre on September 21 and 22. The Ministry of Defence confirmed 17 former recruit instructors will face trial".


    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-40916510
    Stents keeping things open 24/7

    Men have status, boys are busy updating theirs

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere between Iraq and a hard place
    Posts
    10,873
    Army Foundation College... is that what was/is the Junior Leaders?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Finally made it to RAF Lincolnshire
    Posts
    1,390
    I saw this on the fill your boots FB page yesterday and was genuinely shocked at how many thought the behaviour of the instructors was acceptable.I get that they are training a "fighting force" but surely there are better ways to go about it than chucking $hite in their faces and holding their heads underwater.I dont know, maybe I'm more pink and fluffy than I thought, but it certainly puts running round Halton with pine poles into perspective.
    Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere between Iraq and a hard place
    Posts
    10,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    I saw this on the fill your boots FB page yesterday and was genuinely shocked at how many thought the behaviour of the instructors was acceptable.I get that they are training a "fighting force" but surely there are better ways to go about it than chucking $hite in their faces and holding their heads underwater.I dont know, maybe I'm more pink and fluffy than I thought, but it certainly puts running round Halton with pine poles into perspective.
    I wonder how many instructors who were featured in this series are included in those 17..

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/t...end-up-8970859

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Finally made it to RAF Lincolnshire
    Posts
    1,390
    I will have a nosey when not on Dii.
    Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.

  6. #6
    Abuse on this scale must have been noticed by the Officers unless they weren't doing their jobs or chose to look the other way. Are there any officers amongst the 17?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere between Iraq and a hard place
    Posts
    10,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronsuddes View Post
    Abuse on this scale must have been noticed by the Officers unless they weren't doing their jobs or chose to look the other way. Are there any officers amongst the 17?
    Of course there won't be..... I'm quite sure they would have closed ranks (pun intended) to save their own careers... after all, enlisted are expendable aren't they

  8. Quote Originally Posted by FOMz View Post
    Of course there won't be..... I'm quite sure they would have closed ranks (pun intended) to save their own careers... after all, enlisted are expendable aren't they
    Bet your arse they are...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    littlehampton
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevienics View Post
    Bet your arse they are...
    don,t the army realise that if you treat recruits like sh1te that's what you will get..

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by terence View Post
    don,t the army realise that if you treat recruits like sh1te that's what you will get..
    Not necessarily. RAF Catterick in the 80's was brutal for Regt recruits but loads survived to the end and went on to great things. More passed by the way though.

    One Round, One Kill

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Instructors... what's your veiw?
    By Harry B'Stard in forum Royal Air Force Cosford
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 23:08
  2. Airframe instructors.
    By Talk Wrench in forum A/C Techies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-05-2010, 21:15
  3. RTS Instructors
    By Portcullis in forum I have questions about RTS Halton.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-03-2009, 10:24
  4. RTS Instructors
    By Wonky Tonka in forum Royal Air Force Halton
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-11-2007, 00:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top