Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tea Bar Situation.

What's the situation these days with Squadron Tea Bars?

Once the staple of daily station life, has it all but disappeared with the advent of H&S and contract outsourcing?

Do Tea Bars still exist in the RAF?

TW

Quote Originally Posted by Talk Wrench View Post
    What's the situation these days with Squadron Tea Bars?

Once the staple of daily station life, has it all but disappeared with the advent of H&S and contract outsourcing?

Do Tea Bars still exist in the RAF?

TW
    Some places still have a token effort coffee / tea, milk etc with members still funding it but snacks are found in a vending machine in my last place and here. In fact my current location really has the worst teabar ever with **** all effort put into it by the lad who claims it as his secondary duty.......he even thinks it's hilarious to mix the Pepsi and Coke up the heathen!
    Elitest B'stard.

Show me a man who never fails and I'll show you a man who never tries.......

Tea-bars are alive and well in the techy world at the secret West midlands training base. Run by a committee of NCO's with regular p1ss ups, leaving do's etc. Usual carp on sale pot noodles, toast, legions of choccy bars, crisps and the perennial favourite pork scratchings.
    Stents keeping things open 24/7

Men have status, boys are busy updating theirs

I haven't been anywhere that doesn't have a tbar?
    It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

There was a rumour that PAYD or the companies that won the contract to supply victuals to a station would perhaps close down private enterprises like nutty bars...I assume this hasn't happened anywhere?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vim_Fuego View Post
    There was a rumour that PAYD or the companies that won the contract to supply victuals to a station would perhaps close down private enterprises like nutty bars...I assume this hasn't happened anywhere?
    I heard it proposed but how could they regulate it? I'm sure they tried to take over our 'Old Forge Inn' on 20(R)Sqn but got told to f*ck off. No idea what's happened to it since I left Witt in 2011.

I know the lack of the old 'Food Hygiene' Certificate gets waved about by those robbing pr*cks now and again when someone suggests making bacon butties in the tea bar so that side of things died ages ok.
    Elitest B'stard.

Show me a man who never fails and I'll show you a man who never tries.......

7. Quote Originally Posted by Spearmint View Post
    I heard it proposed but how could they regulate it? I'm sure they tried to take over our 'Old Forge Inn' on 20(R)Sqn but got told to f*ck off. No idea what's happened to it since I left Witt in 2011.

I know the lack of the old 'Food Hygiene' Certificate gets waved about by those robbing pr*cks now and again when someone suggests making bacon butties in the tea bar so that side of things died ages ok.

Food hygiene certificate thingy is on the DLE now. Can do it in a few hours.

8. Quote Originally Posted by StickyFingers View Post
    Food hygiene certificate thingy is on the DLE now. Can do it in a few hours.
    I don't know if you have to pay for them in the DLE access but most local authorities do them through their web-sites for about 25 a throw. They are impossible to fail and should take no more than 20 minutes - and that is because you have to click through each module before taking the test.

Whoever heard of a good old tea-swindle needing a bl00dy certificate. How are LAC's supposed to get their third prop without perfecting the art of a decent brew, FFS...
    It all started with nothing, then it exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonterseed View Post
    I don't know if you have to pay for them in the DLE access but most local authorities do them through their web-sites for about 25 a throw. They are impossible to fail and should take no more than 20 minutes - and that is because you have to click through each module before taking the test.

Whoever heard of a good old tea-swindle needing a bl00dy certificate. How are LAC's supposed to get their third prop without perfecting the art of a decent brew, FFS...
    The more typical food industry worker can fail it easily, I used to have my certificate, quite simple, keep things clean, wash your hands and surfaces often and chuck everything away after half an hour on the counter.

Probably find your typical t bar is more hygienic than your local take away in my experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

10. When PAYD came is at Lossie they tried to take over the tea bars but the Stn Cdr told them to bu**er off. The reason why the rugby club hasn't closed is because it's now classed as a "private members club" which PAYD can't touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast