Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Those photos have given me aids. Absolutely honking.
    just ignore my post, im drunk

Far away from London control in Manchester
    So this looks like a winner, only thing missing is a Roundel big enough to cover the back. I remember when they got rid of the grey overalls for the greens. I was quite happy wearing my No2 jacket. My first posting to the Suppliers Graveyard the SWO all 5'3" of him about blow his top at me for not presenting myself in my No1s. I explained the No1s where in the dry cleaner since some clown spilt beers over it. Happy days in the guardrooms on sentry duty around the sites until I presented my No1 cured the response.

3. Hahaha!
    Welcome to the world of soft-shell jackets! Loads of companies in 'industry' have been using them for years and it appears the RAF is one of the last to 'cotton'-on to them (pun intended). I'm sure that will be a sign that 'industry' has finished with them now. You'll probably be the last in line again for the next new version of the Donkey Jacket.
    I probably have two or three Soft-shell's left over from my last jobs and found them quite easy to chuck on and comfortable for strolling about in as in winter they were quite warm and in summer they were fairly water resistant. The jackets I wore also had extended backs for cycling too!
    However, we didn't have regulators making us wear them in particular ways on particular occasions...Fully closed - up to the chin in summer for instance, and , as has been stated in this thread, some plonker will insist on some form of army-style creases in them for no purpose at all and no 'heritage' to uphold either. They are actually made as low maintenance jackets.

best of luck!
    Rigga
    ...looked alright to me!

are they flame resistant and give any protection to oli, lubes and acid spalshes?

Quote Originally Posted by FOMz View Post
    are they flame resistant and give any protection to oli, lubes and acid spalshes?
    Of course not. That's why you have green overalls
    Retired and lovin' it! Move over Victor Meldrew, I'm getting older & crustier by the day

New 'Urban' Camouflage To he issued to the Army

The fashion world moves notoriously quickly. The same, however, can not always be said for the Ministry of Defence.

Seven years, or 28 catwalk seasons, after the introduction of the British Army’s Multi-Terrain Pattern (MTP) camouflage it's understood the MoD is considering issuing all soldiers with new Urban Pattern (UP) clothing.

Developed in secret with some of the UK's biggest homebuilders and fashion houses, UP camo is designed to give British troops the advantage when fighting in built-up areas such as European towns and cities.

http://www.forces.net/news/british-a...ban-camouflage

Did you notice the date of the article??
    ......after all my years of eating pot noodles why do I still have to look at the bloody instructions on the pot?

"Depending on where troops are deployed they'll be issued with either Brick, Stone or Pebble Dash clothing, kit and body armour."

Booze hammered Airmen have been wearing their own version of pebble dash patterned clothing for years not just in April.
    Stents keeping things open 24/7

Men have status, boys are busy updating theirs

Quote Originally Posted by 230Tiger View Post
    Did you notice the date of the article??
    I did... but considering the new shell jacket being trialled by the RAF, What some might consider a joke.. might actually be closer to the truth

Not to start the "but what about us burds" bandwagon, but Jesus H Christ, they really need to come up with a better design of our trousers instead of pi$$ing about with a perfectly adequate jacket. We were promised a trial of a new design several years ago and still nothing..... except the option to wear blokes trousers if we so wish.

The RAF finally twigged that because feet come in all shapes and sizes they now provide a variety of boots to suit. Well guess what, our ar$es come in all shapes and sizes too!
    Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast