Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. Travelling around London. Cheapest ticket for underground

    Going to London at the end of June (Saturday and Sunday) going to Wembley stadium from central London on Saturday and on Sunday intend to do a bit of sight seeing. What's the cheapest underground ticket to get.
    "The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

  2. https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payment.../price-capping

    You can also be clever:

    Sign up to Uber with my or a mates referral link for a free ride:

    https://www.uber.com/invite/seanr7320ue

    and use promo code:

    VCUK15
    for 15 of credit (if code doesn't work, google uber codes, there are loads of new user codes).

    Then use your new refferal link for your mate(s) /family etc to join and get them to use the code for 15 worth of credit.


    Also do the same with GETT (black cabs).

    https://gett.com/uk/ Referral code: GTNVVKO

    GETT30
    FRINGE25

    Again if those don't work, google for GETT new user codes.

    Between 4 of us, we set up new user accounts, referred each other and using new user codes and from Friday to Sunday we never paid for an Uber or a black taxi - we took them everywhere!

    Sounds a bit of hassle, but it was easy and well worth it.
    Last edited by Dan_Brown; 04-05-2017 at 20:18.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Brown View Post
    https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payment.../price-capping You can also be clever: Sign up to Uber with my or a mates referral link for a free ride: https://www.uber.com/invite/seanr7320ue and use promo code: VCUK15 for 15 of credit (if code doesn't work, google uber codes, there are loads of new user codes). Then use your new refferal link for your mate(s) /family etc to join and get them to use the code for 15 worth of credit. Also do the same with GETT (black cabs). https://gett.com/uk/ Referral code: GTNVVKO GETT30 FRINGE25 Again if those don't work, google for GETT new user codes. Between 4 of us, we set up new user accounts, referred each other and using new user codes and from Friday to Sunday we never paid for an Uber or a black taxi - we took them everywhere! Sounds a bit of hassle, but it was easy and well worth it.
    I went on the TFL website but couldn't make head or tails about the pricing
    "The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

  4. I don't think that you can beat the tube for London travel. Use your contacted just like an oyster card and you only pay oyster card rates. On top of this it is capped at 7.60 per day so you can basically travel anywhere in London all day for this maximum value.

  5. Make that contactless

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Lcfcfox1 View Post
    I don't think that you can beat the tube for London travel. Use your contacted just like an oyster card and you only pay oyster card rates. On top of this it is capped at 7.60 per day so you can basically travel anywhere in London all day for this maximum value.
    is it automatically capped.
    "The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

  7. Capped - yes. 6.60 within zones 1 - 2 per day.

    All of London's on rails transport (such as the Tube) is divided into a number of Zones, organised into a series of concentric circles emanating out from the centre. The Zones are indicated on this map.


    • Zone 1 covers the very centre of town is home to the majority of significant tourist sites and familiar landmarks. It stretches from Notting Hill in the West to Aldgate East in the East and from Vauxhall/Elephant & Castle in the South to Kings Cross/Euston in the North.
    • Zones 2-6 stretch out way into the suburbs which make up Greater London. As a general rule, tourists rarely venture outside Zone 2 unless visiting a specific destination.
    Last edited by Dan_Brown; 05-05-2017 at 06:11.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    11,896
    I was sat in a car a couple of days ago with someone who's significant other runs this feature of TFL software wise. I used it a couple of weeks ago and it really does work in your favour. Just use your contactless and it'll charge the least it can by working out your best deal. If it gets it wrong they run a monthly audit process and they will give you the money back that you over paid.

    For once its a system that works for you....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Vim_Fuego View Post
    I was sat in a car a couple of days ago with someone who's significant other runs this feature of TFL software wise. I used it a couple of weeks ago and it really does work in your favour. Just use your contactless and it'll charge the least it can by working out your best deal. If it gets it wrong they run a monthly audit process and they will give you the money back that you over paid.

    For once its a system that works for you....
    Nice one. The last time I was in the smoke I bought an all zone's paper ticket. I like the idea of the contactless card. Don't suppose you can use it for 2 people.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    "The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    11,896
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime129 View Post
    Nice one. The last time I was in the smoke I bought an all zone's paper ticket. I like the idea of the contactless card. Don't suppose you can use it for 2 people.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I think you can but I didn't need to exercise that feature. Give TFL a bell...they are usually really helpful!(0343 222 1234)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. cheapest European cities.
    By justintime129 in forum Travel
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 14-05-2014, 14:13
  2. London Underground
    By Tigger in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 01:36
  3. Cheapest petrol in your area
    By A CLING NERD SHRON in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top