Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: Are you Going To Scampton Airshow?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • Maybe

6 14.63%
  • I'd Rather w@nk with Knives

35 85.37%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Scampton Airshow - You going?

According to the airshown office tickets are selling fast.

Alison Price, of Scampton Airshow said: “The 2017 Airshow is already a soaring success with tickets selling fast. “Airshow enclosures, which all include free on-airfield parking, are proving to be particularly popular, with 80% of Saturday tickets for the Flightline Grandstand and 75% of Lincolnshire Garden tickets already sold out.“The Dambusters Enclosure tickets have also been popular, with over 50% already sold.”
    More HERE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

2. PA474 has been in service in Duxford all winter and is now in dual colours of 50 and 460 Sqns. It's proving quite a popular draw by the post we are getting.

Nope, I have absolutely no intention of attending and will avoid the area at all costs; I have no interest in airshows, it's nothing I haven't seen before.

However, that doesn't mean I won't have the forced attendance of being voluntold to assist with security for the event (at the mo, NRFD, but we'll see how long that lasts.

Standing by for the inevitable raping of manpower.
    It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

Not a hope in hell of me attending. Utter waste of time & resources. Does nothing for coal face morale. Doesn't raise any significant money.

What is the point?

6. And £39 for a ticket, I believe! No chance.

Not this little chicken. One of the benefits of being posted away from RAF Lincolnshire is that I don't have to support someone else's pet projects.

8. Quote Originally Posted by muttywhitedog View Post
    Not a hope in hell of me attending. Utter waste of time & resources. Does nothing for coal face morale. Doesn't raise any significant money.

What is the point?
    "Engagement is an essential element of the RAF’s overall development of effective operational capability. It is important because it underpins the future development of the Service by influencing the way the Service is perceived by our own people and by the external world."

See....it's not all about you

I use airshows to meet up with old mates from back in the day in an informal setting.
    It's not the man in the fight - it's the fight in the man.

"Engagement is an essential element of the RAF’s overall development of effective operational capability. It is important because it underpins the future development of the Service by influencing the way the Service is perceived by our own people and by the external world."

What utter bollocks. Airshows do absolutely nothing to enhance operational capability or effectiveness, and the only people who are influenced by an airshow are plane spotters, who by their very nature are already big fans of Air Forces in general. Local area Gen-pop just get ****ed off that their roads are blocked up for a whole weekend, and they can't get out to do their shopping. RAF Manpower and morale suffers because people are forced into supporting these things, even if they have absolutely no interest in them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast