Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Downsizer View Post
    Typhoon do raptor?
    If (and it's a big IF) that capability is still needed then it's getting downsized to fit a centreline tank - that's what we've been told.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Thank_God_I've_Left! View Post
    I'm struggling to see why the tonka is being retired - F35 not ready, Typhoon barely capable??

I know it struggled with serviceability on the early days but thought they were good nowadays, is it hours / FI related or has reliability dropped?

Anyone care to share??

thanks
    The airframes are fast running out of hours. It's not a matter of F35 not ready, it's that all the Tonkas will be scrapped sooner rather than later.

3. I am told one departed this secret Lincolnshire airbase last week, with more than a splash of panache, impressing the visiting Teutons no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevienics View Post
    I am told one departed this secret Lincolnshire airbase last week, with more than a splash of panache, impressing the visiting Teutons no end.
    A certain T&E Sqn are losing all theirs so maybe it was part of a "go out with a bang" display?

5. Quote Originally Posted by rocket scientist View Post
    A certain T&E Sqn are losing all theirs so maybe it was part of a "go out with a bang" display?
    Went out totally clean and with enough juice to go where it was going to end its days, it is rumoured.

Thrashed like a ginger stepchild

Should have kept the Harriers maybe?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12