Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

1. Swimming, HR/admin

Hey,

I'm relatively new to this Forum, but based on my previous discussions with the AFCO or on the RAF live chat, I was told that you have to be water confident when training but that swimming is not a requirement in the fitness test for HR/admin and clerical trade, which is what I am most drawn to at the moment.

Just wondered if anyone knew any different?

Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by K3293 View Post
    Hey,

I'm relatively new to this Forum, but based on my previous discussions with the AFCO or on the RAF live chat, I was told that you have to be water confident when training but that swimming is not a requirement in the fitness test for HR/admin and clerical trade, which is what I am most drawn to at the moment.

Just wondered if anyone knew any different?

Thanks so much
    Have a look at the similar threads on this forum, it should give you an idea. no one needs to be able to swim, as long as your happy to be in the water.
    Good food, good accomodation and good pay are the 3 pillars for keeping people happy in the RAF (WO Catering, Inside Brize Norton, Thursday 19th Dec 2013) roll on the day that ever happens.........

3. Ahhh, right, I understand where you are coming from.

Thank you, much appreciated!!

Gets me exciting thinking about joining!