Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Gord Guest

    What a load of bollocks

    The IMF is now saying that Saudi Arabia among other countries could go broke if oil prices remain at the low price it is now. What a load of horsesh!t, the fvckin' ridiculously high prices we had a few years ago have only been in existence since the invasion of Iraq, before that they were lower than they are now and Saudi was doing quite well at those prices. Just another fvckin' scam excuse to try to push up the price of oil again.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Living by the C
    Posts
    5,535
    We invaded Iraq a long time ago, once the global economy picks up so should the oil price. I think countries like UAE have about 20 years worth of money, like to break into that vault.
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

    E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Near Blackpool.....
    Posts
    4,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Gord View Post
    The IMF is now saying that Saudi Arabia among other countries could go broke if oil prices remain at the low price it is now. What a load of horsesh!t, the fvckin' ridiculously high prices we had a few years ago have only been in existence since the invasion of Iraq, before that they were lower than they are now and Saudi was doing quite well at those prices. Just another fvckin' scam excuse to try to push up the price of oil again.

    Not complete bolleaux there, Gord - a chap who works with me has been working with the Saudis for a little over 30 years on various defence campaigns...what he's hearing is that they are looking at actual cuts in spending overall because of the price of oil...that and the fact that they seem to be a little pee'd off with the UK over the recent jails issue has got my colleague and a whole lot of other people worried....
    Lister: Lister to Red Dwarf, we have in our midst a complete smegpot. Brains in the anal region. Chin, absent presumed missing. Genitalia, small and inoffensive. Of no value or interest whatsoever.
    Commander Binks: Binks to Enlightenment. Evidence of primitive humour. The human displays knowledge of satire and imitation. With patient tuition, could perhaps master simple tasks.
    Lister: Lister to Red Dwarf. Displays evidence of spoiling for a rumble. Seems unable to grasp simple threats. With careful pummeling, could be sucking tomorrow's lunch through a straw.
    Commander Binks: Binks to Enlightenment. The human seems to be under the delusion that he is somehow capable of bestowing physical violence to a hologram.
    Lister: Lister to Red Dwarf. The intruder seems blissfully unaware that we have a fairly sturdy holowhip in the Munitions cabinet. And unless he wants his derriere minced like burger meat, he'd better become history in the next two seconds flat




  4. #4
    Gord Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
    Not complete bolleaux there, Gord - a chap who works with me has been working with the Saudis for a little over 30 years on various defence campaigns...what he's hearing is that they are looking at actual cuts in spending overall because of the price of oil...that and the fact that they seem to be a little pee'd off with the UK over the recent jails issue has got my colleague and a whole lot of other people worried....
    Of course they are speaking of cutbacks, the stupid b@stards went at spending like a dog at broth when oil prices began to rocket the way they did. Prior to Iraq, I believe oil was around $38/barrel, since Iraq it has peaked at well over $100 for the same bloody barrel. The oil Sheikhs thought they'd died and gone to heaven, they had more money than God and went about spending it like drunken matelots just arriving in port. Now that the price has dropped into the 40's they are whining about losing money. As I said, bollocks mate, they are still making more per barrel than they were before the Iraq war. Once again, like all businesses, they look at loss of profit and claim they are operating in a deficit rather than accepting the fact that it is merely a percentage of their atrocious profits they have lost.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Near Blackpool.....
    Posts
    4,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Gord View Post
    Of course they are speaking of cutbacks, the stupid b@stards went at spending like a dog at broth when oil prices began to rocket the way they did. Prior to Iraq, I believe oil was around $38/barrel, since Iraq it has peaked at well over $100 for the same bloody barrel. The oil Sheikhs thought they'd died and gone to heaven, they had more money than God and went about spending it like drunken matelots just arriving in port. Now that the price has dropped into the 40's they are whining about losing money. As I said, bollocks mate, they are still making more per barrel than they were before the Iraq war. Once again, like all businesses, they look at loss of profit and claim they are operating in a deficit rather than accepting the fact that it is merely a percentage of their atrocious profits they have lost.
    You're probably right mate - but as you can imagine a few sphincters are twitching around 'ere at the thought of a loyal customer suddenly running out of dosh...
    Lister: Lister to Red Dwarf, we have in our midst a complete smegpot. Brains in the anal region. Chin, absent presumed missing. Genitalia, small and inoffensive. Of no value or interest whatsoever.
    Commander Binks: Binks to Enlightenment. Evidence of primitive humour. The human displays knowledge of satire and imitation. With patient tuition, could perhaps master simple tasks.
    Lister: Lister to Red Dwarf. Displays evidence of spoiling for a rumble. Seems unable to grasp simple threats. With careful pummeling, could be sucking tomorrow's lunch through a straw.
    Commander Binks: Binks to Enlightenment. The human seems to be under the delusion that he is somehow capable of bestowing physical violence to a hologram.
    Lister: Lister to Red Dwarf. The intruder seems blissfully unaware that we have a fairly sturdy holowhip in the Munitions cabinet. And unless he wants his derriere minced like burger meat, he'd better become history in the next two seconds flat




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    On my own little planet
    Posts
    1,658
    Perhaps they should start looking for alternate sources of revenue - I'd imagine that glass manufacturing would be a good business in the middle east...

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Witty_Banter View Post
    Perhaps they should start looking for alternate sources of revenue - I'd imagine that glass manufacturing would be a good business in the middle east...
    Nah, the IMF would soon see through that.

    (I'll get my coat...)
    It all started with nothing, then it exploded.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    11,885
    I've often thought that countries like Iran and Saudi et al miss a trick...They are hot and sunny and have fecking millions of square miles of territory where no-one lives or even wants to go to right? So why not cover the whole lot in solar panels and sell the unlimited supply of electricity back to the Western world rather than trying to blow it up or change it to Islam?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Living by the C
    Posts
    5,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Vim_Fuego View Post
    I've often thought that countries like Iran and Saudi et al miss a trick...They are hot and sunny and have fecking millions of square miles of territory where no-one lives or even wants to go to right? So why not cover the whole lot in solar panels and sell the unlimited supply of electricity back to the Western world rather than trying to blow it up or change it to Islam?
    I used to have these thoughts but apparently the sun degrades the solar panels too quickly, I think that is why you see focused mirror arrays generating heat rather than photovoltaic ones.
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

    E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years




  10. #10
    Gord Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by busby1971 View Post
    I used to have these thoughts but apparently the sun degrades the solar panels too quickly, I think that is why you see focused mirror arrays generating heat rather than photovoltaic ones.
    As in California, Arizona, and parts of Colorado.

    Trouble is the ragheads would fry themselves trying to put their towels on their heads in a fashionable manner so that they look like ruffy tuffies when negotiating prices.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bollocks
    By Gord in forum Topical Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-01-2015, 07:06
  2. Awwww bollocks
    By FOMz in forum The Rugby Club
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 17:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top