Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. PS. Capitals in brackets at (2) are my addition - just for clarity.

Has anybody got some up to date information or experience on the "leaving with a job offer" question please?

I've got about 5 years left until LOS32 now (aged 52) and in this part of the world, jobs aren't that plentiful - I can either complete my full service and stack shelves at Tesco but if a decent job comes up with the civvy company I work with, I'd be stupid not to bang out early.

It seems like a bit of a catch 22 situation - If I leave early, I've got 12 months (I'm Av Tech) to find a job and there might not be the one I'm after in which case I might as well stay in but on the other hand, if I get offered a job I might not be able to accept it. Ooh decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket scientist View Post
    Has anybody got some up to date information or experience on the "leaving with a job offer" question please?

I've got about 5 years left until LOS32 now (aged 52) and in this part of the world, jobs aren't that plentiful - I can either complete my full service and stack shelves at Tesco but if a decent job comes up with the civvy company I work with, I'd be stupid not to bang out early.

It seems like a bit of a catch 22 situation - If I leave early, I've got 12 months (I'm Av Tech) to find a job and there might not be the one I'm after in which case I might as well stay in but on the other hand, if I get offered a job I might not be able to accept it. Ooh decisions, decisions.
    Stay in and draw the maximum pension then get yourself a part time job for 16 - 20 hours a week and enjoy your retirement - you deserve it.
    It's not the man in the fight - it's the fight in the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Barch View Post
    Stay in and draw the maximum pension then get yourself a part time job for 16 - 20 hours a week and enjoy your retirement - you deserve it.
    Well ideally, that is the plan and 'er indoors would love more time together but it all depends on my ability to refrain from burying my boss in the nearby woods really

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12