Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: How many medals do you have, and after how long?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

57 10.86%

60 11.43%

77 14.67%

82 15.62%

86 16.38%

72 13.71%

46 8.76%

22 4.19%
  • More (bloody hell!)

23 4.38%
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fablon biff chit Guest

Who has the most medals?

There's a fella on 5 Sqn at Waddo with 8. He's army though!

F*ck-a-doodle-doo I thought. Bet he leans to one side....

So who has the most medals here?

It's not me, After 4 years I have the Telic one and it's lonely!
    Last edited by Fablon biff chit; 16-03-2007 at 21:36. Reason: Added length of service

I've got 4, but I know people with a lot more.

Bill Bones Guest
    What was the one S2 called ''Freebie medal of the spams''?

Chuffybum Guest
    An old acquantance of mine (SNCO PTI) had 2 b****y rows of medals. I think he had been involved with practically every conflict in the past 25 years. Mind you, it was always good to take this p**s out of him (in a joking manner ofcourse) at formal functions in the Mess.

I've just picked up my 3rd medal after 14 years' Service (I might even get a 4th later this year, we'll see).

An old wobbly orange of mine had 12, mostly for being in the right place at the right time. As a young-ish SAC he was posted to a helicopter sqn, and within weeks flew out with them to Southern Rhodesia (as it then was). Add a posting to NI (2 medals for that), long gong, Gulf War I (Cyprus), MBE, MSM, Jubilee, Former Yugoslavia (Gioia del Colle), and probably one or 2 others I've forgotten about and he became the most decorated clerk in recent RAF history.

Fablon biff chit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue Jack View Post
    An old wobbly orange of mine had 12, mostly for being in the right place at the right time. As a young-ish SAC he was posted to a helicopter sqn, and within weeks flew out with them to Southern Rhodesia (as it then was). Add a posting to NI (2 medals for that), long gong, Gulf War I (Cyprus), MBE, MSM, Jubilee, Former Yugoslavia (Gioia del Colle), and probably one or 2 others I've forgotten about and he became the most decorated clerk in recent RAF history.
    Bet he could tell some stories!

I knew a Steward who had a bloody chell! Think he must have been a Scribe in a past life!!

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue Jack View Post
    I've just picked up my 3rd medal after 14 years' Service (I might even get a 4th later this year, we'll see).
    Not if you keep picking fights with the Armed Forces Minister you won't (LOL)!!

9. I got the 2 was in 7 years when i got the GSM(NI) and then I got the chocolate one they gave people for making and drinking tea and coffee for at least 5 years when the queen had her golden jubilee, Unfortunatley some tosser has nicked them.

Only got the jubilee one after 14 years. No chance of making that 2.
    Why don't you show me on the teddy where Daddy touched you?

That's it, I'm not putting up with technology anymore!

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast