Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: How many medals do you have, and after how long?

Voters
524. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

56 10.69%

60 11.45%

77 14.69%

82 15.65%

86 16.41%

72 13.74%

46 8.78%

22 4.20%
  • More (bloody hell!)

23 4.39%
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ady eflog View Post
    you now get a bar to your long gong after 10 years instead of 15 so if you got it on the old system you will get another bar 5 years later i.e. 15 years LSGC, 25 years BAR 35 years BAR
    It's not a bar, it's a clasp. Bars are awarded to gallantry awards, clasps to campaign and long service awards.
    "TrickyTree, Fast Jets, damned glad to meet you!"

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."

Has anyone been issued with their Bar to the long gong under the new rules yet?
    Just some info for anybody in the same boat as me -

According to the new rules, I should have received my clasp 18 months ago but given that my LS&GCM took a year to get to me, I didn't think this was unusual. When I phoned P1 I was told that JPA should pick this up automatically but as mine wasn't due until 2020 under the old rules, I need to apply using Form JPAS002.

Quote Originally Posted by Downsizer View Post
    As officers are now eligible for the medal has it changed design?

And if so, does the clasp go on the old medal or do you get a new design medal?
    its the same medal and same bar, no change in design. I mounted one yesterday for a Sqn Ldr, got his medal and bar at the same time!
    Good food, good accomodation and good pay are the 3 pillars for keeping people happy in the RAF (WO Catering, Inside Brize Norton, Thursday 19th Dec 2013) roll on the day that ever happens.........

Quote Originally Posted by rocket scientist View Post
    Just some info for anybody in the same boat as me -

According to the new rules, I should have received my clasp 18 months ago but given that my LS&GCM took a year to get to me, I didn't think this was unusual. When I phoned P1 I was told that JPA should pick this up automatically but as mine wasn't due until 2020 under the old rules, I need to apply using Form JPAS002.
    I phoned Half day house and they said they were getting done automatically so i dont need to apply, I'm filling in the form now.....
    Good food, good accomodation and good pay are the 3 pillars for keeping people happy in the RAF (WO Catering, Inside Brize Norton, Thursday 19th Dec 2013) roll on the day that ever happens.........

I phoned Half day house and they said they were getting done automatically so i dont need to apply, I'm filling in the form now.....
    To be fair, I had your answer from Waddington P1 and my answer from Coningsby P1

Just a quick update on my clasp - I "applied" for my clasp on 17 Feb and it's just shown up on JPA as awarded on 20 Mar 17. When I get it in my sticky mitts is another matter of course.

Just a quick update - I received my LSGCM clasp in the post today and I have a question -

I'm assuming that the little rosette thingy goes on the No.1 Jacket ribbon bar but how is it sewn on? Do I sew knots through each hole or does the thread go through the holes and over the rosette on a loop. I suspect the former but just want to check.

Just a quick update - I received my LSGCM clasp in the post today and I have a question -

I'm assuming that the little rosette thingy goes on the No.1 Jacket ribbon bar but how is it sewn on? Do I sew knots through each hole or does the thread go through the holes and over the rosette on a loop. I suspect the former but just want to check.
    Two words, Station Tailor
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjarabbi View Post
    Two words, Station Tailor
    I would if the nearest one wasn't over 2 hours away

I would if the nearest one wasn't over 2 hours away
    Road trip?
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast