Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: Are you a member of the E-Goat Folding team?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I have my computer Folding when ever its turned on

16 29.63%
  • Yes - I only have my computer folding occasionally

3 5.56%
  • I was, but can't be arsed with it any more

4 7.41%
  • No - I have no interest in helping others

3 5.56%
  • I have no idea what you're talking about

28 51.85%
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Nice work lads, My first unit to finish wednesday

Anyway, at least we are doing our bit to help find cures for ****ty deseases.
    Cheers

Wobbly
    E-Goat Head Admin

"ACTA NON VERBA"

Forum Etiquette and Rules :: Tech Support :: E-Goat Security :: E-Goat Folding Team ::

Quote Originally Posted by monobrow View Post
    It's really odd though... I can install it and let it run for hours upon hours....

but if it auto starts at switch on, Screen goes to standby and nothing responds (caps/num/scroll lock unresponsive.....)

Think I might have to just start it up manually and see how it goes
    Strange you mention this Mono. I get exactly the same symptoms on my HP system running Intel Dual Core processor running at 3 gig and with 2 Gig RAM. System boots normally then monitor goes to sleep and everything locks up. Taken it out of my Startup script and just run it manually now - all OK.

Anyone got any ideas ??

"Oh Lord, please help me to be the person that my dog thinks I am.

The text only no-nonsense version is very easy to setup and has nothing to do with your screensaver either. It just sits in the background folding away, and uses less memory than the graphical version (making it faster)
    Unfortunately it can't make your pc any cooler if you set it at 100%, so if you're having problems with stability, it might be worth getting the side or top off your case and vacuuming the dust off the heatsinks and fans.

Just signed up and its running well, first unit due to finish Weds morning.

Can't find a full 'team list' though......

Holding the keys to the **** Creek paddle stores

After only 5 days

After only 5 days the e-goat folding team are 16178 of 48171

So far 3 members of the team have completed 5 work units

At this rate and with a little more support we could get e-goat up there with the major players. So come on guys its free and I personally am seeing no reduction in system performnance.
    Last edited by Hu Jardon; 28-06-2007 at 15:13.

monobrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simplysystems View Post
    The text only no-nonsense version is very easy to setup and has nothing to do with your screensaver either. It just sits in the background folding away, and uses less memory than the graphical version (making it faster)
    Think I'll have to look into that one, cos my GPU has always had certain "issues" when i comes to certain graphics apps.

I downloaded it the other day expect first unit to be finished today I think!

Come on people it doesn't cost anything and I haven't noticed a difference to the performance on my pc.

I'll be giving it a go as soon as I UN SP2 my machine, thanks Microcrap. it is locked in an explorer.exe crash and restart cycle. Gotta wipe it and start again.

It is, I firmly believe, completely impossible to be both equal AND diverse!
    Life is too short to worry what people who don't matter think of you - My cousin (RIP)
    If you go through life with your head in the sand, all people will see is an ar$e !

monobrow Guest
    Well I recommend the No-Nonsense version....

After having a couple of problems with it crashing (My video card is just not what it used to be) it's slowly number crunching without drawing it all out. Works for me!!

Grinding on, waiting for my posting date.
    Quote Originally Posted by monobrow View Post
    Well I recommend the No-Nonsense version....

After having a couple of problems with it crashing (My video card is just not what it used to be) it's slowly number crunching without drawing it all out. Works for me!!
    I had something similar(ish).

Tried the GUI version, everything was fine until I tried to run 3DMark05 just to see how it would affect framerates. Wouldn't run, some D3D.dll not found b0ll0x.

Quick hunt through the wiki and FAQ shows that it doesn't allow any other OpenGL sessions

No-Nonsense client works a treat. If you don't want the window sitting in your taskbar while it runs then set it to run as a service. The only problem is that it then disappears completely, so, if like me you want to know how your progress is, you can dowload a 3rd party add-in.

I recommend FoldingFromTray. It's free and easy to use. Download it from here and then just drop it into your Folding@Home folder. When you run it, it opens a window with progress info and easy access to the log file. You can download a small piccy of your protein if you want too.

It closes to the System Tray if want quick access or you can exit completely. For those of you running multiple sessions on dual/quad core processors, you can select which session you want to view info from too.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast