Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: Are you a member of the E-Goat Folding team?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I have my computer Folding when ever its turned on

16 29.63%
  • Yes - I only have my computer folding occasionally

3 5.56%
  • I was, but can't be arsed with it any more

4 7.41%
  • No - I have no interest in helping others

3 5.56%
  • I have no idea what you're talking about

28 51.85%
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    monobrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by metimmee View Post
    Ok, so I admit I havent checked how you can tweak this particular piece of software but many similar programs like this utilize idle processing, ramping your machine upto 100% when the OS has spare capacity.
    Yeah did that, but the old Athlon has had years and years of heavy gaming abuse so it really REALLY doesn't like being left at 100% usage!!! (crashed, reboot, crash as soon as at desktop, crashed 4 more times before getting on in safe mode, binning, leaving to cool, and re-installing)

But leave at default (15%) and works alreet!

2. Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post

The PS T- shirt piccy is our team logo and the team page can be found here.[/FONT]

Seeing as PS hasnt posted on here yet.....and he is on the Tshirt pic........does that mean Wobbly is PS???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehehe, no mate, I just speak idiot quite nicely, I deal with them on a regular basis.

Just blame Mad Collie, everyone else does.
    Cheers

Wobbly
    E-Goat Head Admin

"ACTA NON VERBA"

Forum Etiquette and Rules :: Tech Support :: E-Goat Security :: E-Goat Folding Team ::

monobrow Guest
    I keep getting a problem with the program crashing my computer when it gets re-started..... any one got any ideas??

Obviously not a cooling issue as I tried it after the pooter was off all night

5. Quote Originally Posted by monobrow View Post
    I keep getting a problem with the program crashing my computer when it gets re-started..... any one got any ideas??

Obviously not a cooling issue as I tried it after the pooter was off all night
    Well any of these intensive progs are a good way of testing stability of CPU cooling, Memory and Case cooling....

I have had it running for the last 3 days constant with no crashes...one of the best i have found not to interfere with day to day use.

Athlon 3200+ (Overclocked)
    1 Gig ram

I used to get lockups all the time (always put it down to the BT Homehub) but now i have folding@home to save every 6 mins i get no lockups at all....

Hope you sort it out.....

Crack on..............
    We all die eventually, some of us look forward to it more than most.

The RAF's future is OFFSHORE......BE the best.....Join the rest !!

Some of my Photographs : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tashyman/

monobrow Guest
    It's really odd though... I can install it and let it run for hours upon hours....

but if it auto starts at switch on, Screen goes to standby and nothing responds (caps/num/scroll lock unresponsive.....)

Think I might have to just start it up manually and see how it goes

7. Quote Originally Posted by monobrow View Post
    It's really odd though... I can install it and let it run for hours upon hours....

but if it auto starts at switch on, Screen goes to standby and nothing responds (caps/num/scroll lock unresponsive.....)

Think I might have to just start it up manually and see how it goes
    Hmmm..don't really know what to suggest...i have done that, restarted after installing some stuff and it started up with no probs to the puter.....

Sorry M8......

Crack on..........

Fablon biff chit Guest
    I've signed up.

edit: Holy crap, my pc will take 104 days to complete the current work unit!
    Last edited by Fablon biff chit; 17-03-2007 at 19:30.

Holding the keys to the **** Creek paddle stores
    Quote Originally Posted by Fablon biff chit View Post
    I've signed up.

edit: Holy crap, my pc will take 104 days to complete the current work unit!
    FBC

Mine was about the same, after 3 days very little progress. However since then I've had a play with the settings and upped the allocation of resources. My first unit is now predicted to complete on Monday morning and I havn't noticed any difference in performance

Hu

10. Quote Originally Posted by Hu Jardon View Post
    FBC

Mine was about the same, after 3 days very little progress. However since then I've had a play with the settings and upped the allocation of resources. My first unit is now predicted to complete on Monday morning and I havn't noticed any difference in performance

Hu
    Indeedy....put the slider all the way to the right.........

Crack on............

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast