Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: Are you a member of the E-Goat Folding team?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I have my computer Folding when ever its turned on

16 29.63%
  • Yes - I only have my computer folding occasionally

3 5.56%
  • I was, but can't be arsed with it any more

4 7.41%
  • No - I have no interest in helping others

3 5.56%
  • I have no idea what you're talking about

28 51.85%
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    monobrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fablon biff chit View Post
    I can't make it work, the "services" list is empty!?!
    When you first run it, there is an option "Run as a service?" thats where you type in YES.

Otherwise you have to run it everytime manually.

Other option is to drag the file from wherever it's stored, to start menu, then all programs, then startup, and drop it there. That will make it run everytime you power up.

If you've bodged the settings though, open up the start menu then run. Whack in the location of the file (or browse for it) then add -config so it looks like.....

C:\FoldingFromHome\FAH504-Console.exe -config

that'll do all the nice little prompts (including username and team number!) sets your CPU usage (5% - 100%) and will ask you if you want to run as a service.

close it, restart, then it should appear in the services!

Quote Originally Posted by Fablon biff chit View Post
    I can't make it work, the "services" list is empty!?!
    Same here till I tick the show all services box. Even then I can't find WinFAH.exe in the list. When I run the foldingfromtray program it gives me an error.
    Service name contains invalid characters, is empty, or is too long (max length = 80). Any ideas Mono ?

It is, I firmly believe, completely impossible to be both equal AND diverse!
    Life is too short to worry what people who don't matter think of you - My cousin (RIP)
    If you go through life with your head in the sand, all people will see is an ar$e !

monobrow Guest
    you are both running the no nonsense version??? Take it to PM?

Quote Originally Posted by monobrow View Post
    you are both running the no nonsense version??? Take it to PM?
    Finally got it running as a service. It couldn't download the files 'cos Zonealarm was blocking it. Problem now sorted.
    Cheers for the help Mono

It is, I firmly believe, completely impossible to be both equal AND diverse!
    Life is too short to worry what people who don't matter think of you - My cousin (RIP)
    If you go through life with your head in the sand, all people will see is an ar$e !

monobrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaley brat View Post
    Cheers for the help Mono
    Nay probs lad.... Now it'll fold away without the missus even seeing it!

monobrow Guest
    Just a quick word of warning, I usually stop folding when I play games, but recently I left it on.

I now have a VAC ban from steam. That means a permanent bar from most decent servers on the net.....

I've asked support if this has been detected as a cheat and will post here when I get a response. That'll be quite alot of money down the drain otherwise

Grinding on, waiting for my posting date.
    Quote Originally Posted by monobrow View Post
    Just a quick word of warning, I usually stop folding when I play games, but recently I left it on.

I now have a VAC ban from steam. That means a permanent bar from most decent servers on the net.....

I've asked support if this has been detected as a cheat and will post here when I get a response. That'll be quite alot of money down the drain otherwise
    Nasty. I usually leave mine running (unless I'm playing Oblivion which needs a clean boot to run well) but haven't got round to re-installing HL2 etc since the reformat and installation of the folding stuff.

Keep us posted and good luck.

monobrow Guest

Not good!!!

Well I got a reply today, and it's not what I was looking for...

Response (JeffH) 04/26/2007 11:34 AM
    Hello,

Our system indicates that your account has been permanently banned by the Valve Anti-Cheat system (VAC) - unfortunately, the Steam support team is unable lift the ban.

We are not able to disclose the cheats which were detected, nor can we provide the date and time the infraction took place. VAC has confirmed that the ban on your account was applied legitimately.

This ban applies to a Steam account (regardless of who was using the account at the time the infraction occurred) and any games registered under the account. The use and security of your Steam account is your responsibility.

We cannot move game subscriptions from accounts which have been banned by VAC.

The account may still be used to play single-player games or to connect to non-secure game servers and for games played over a LAN. Please change your filter settings in the server browser list to show servers which are not VAC-secured (from the Steam main menu go to the "View" option, select "Servers" and then select "Not secure" in the Anti-Cheat drop-down).

Please do not register retail products or purchase new Steam subscriptions on a VAC-banned account. If you choose to purchase a new copy of the game, please register it or install it with a new Steam account. Remove all cheats from your system before you install (if you do not know where the cheats were installed, you may want to consider reformatting the machine and starting over with a new installation of your operating system).

For more information on Valve's policies, please see the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct:

Steam Subscriber Agreement
    http://steampowered.com/index.php?ar...iber_agreement

Rules of Steam Online Conduct
    http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=online_conduct
    The only difference I know of was Folding was running when I played the other night.

HL2/CS/DOD owners beware!

Grinding on, waiting for my posting date.
    That's very helpful of them

"We're not gonna tell you why you were banned, or when, so you need to buy new software and reformat your drive" s

If I were you I'd post this on every game forum you can find and any computer gaming magazines too.

10. Quote Originally Posted by monobrow View Post
    Well I got a reply today, and it's not what I was looking for...

The only difference I know of was Folding was running when I played the other night.

HL2/CS/DOD owners beware!
    Mono,

It may be worth contacting the folding@home lot.....with the amount of users it has if this is a genuine problem with it's software you would have thought it would have been raised before.

Very worrying that they won't tell you where/when and they expect you to buy another copy to continue playing.......
    We all die eventually, some of us look forward to it more than most.

The RAF's future is OFFSHORE......BE the best.....Join the rest !!

Some of my Photographs : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tashyman/

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast