Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Grinding on, waiting for my posting date.

9% of Army below the standard of an 8 year old

Just found this link about the levels of education of our green wearing brethren.

Anbody have an account with AARSE to post it up?

2. When I was out in Cyprus we were asked to give up a couple of hours on a night time to help the infantry guys do basic maths. wouldn't mind if they payed us, but didn't, so didn't.

Studley

Quote Originally Posted by TrenchardsLoveSock View Post
    Just found this link about the levels of education of our green wearing brethren.

That's not PS teaching 'em is it?

katinthehat Guest

So what are you trying to say? That everyone in the RAF is degree educated??
    I think it is down to the poor schooling in this country these days and the fact that not enough importance is placed on gaining qualifications, nor is enough concern given by a lot of parents either.
    An education is always a good thing - but it seems to be just a waste of time for a lot these days, and its time basic standards were met before people were allowed to leave school - some people would still be there at retirement!!!!!!!!

They are already talking about it. LINK
    They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare, reading E-Goat has proved this is NOT the case...

Quote Originally Posted by katinthehat View Post
    So what are you trying to say?
    I'm trying to say that the BBC news website has a link to a report saying that many people in the Army are way below a standard that allows them to carry out their job. What did you think I was trying to say?

This is a good indicator of the Armys desparation to get bums on seats...Recruiting from the deprived areas perhaps turning a blind eye to the lack of numeracy and literate skills...

It'll bite them in the ass in the end...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

8. I guess to work this figure out for the RAF you would just need to find out the percentage of RAF Regt serving!

Yeah I know PS, yous is gonna snap my spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vim_Fuego View Post
    What would happen if a soldier failed to adhere to the ROE and it later came out that he was not able to fully understand them? Who would be at fault?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Vim_Fuego View Post
    This is a good indicator of the Armys desparation to get bums on seats...Recruiting from the deprived areas perhaps turning a blind eye to the lack of numeracy and literate skills...

As an ex-recruiter from the North of England, I was in the position to compare and contrast the aptitude tests used by all three services. The army one was hilarious and so easy that my 8 yr old god-daughter had no problems getting a decent score. With questions such as "Bill is taller than Dave, who is shortest" you can see why the literacy/numeracy levels of our green colleagues is so low. That said, in a fighty situation you don't need to have a degree level education, you just need to be able to remember your training and shoot straight. Wasn't Andy McNab really thick when he joined and then went on to get some quals?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast