Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Smile PRTC Fitness Success!

I heard that out of 44 people only 3 failed the fitness tests on 4th April.
    Hope to see you all on the 6th and 20th of July! I can't wait to take my oath!

Hey great! Do you know how they failed? (stupid? unfit? (both?!) injured?)

Unfit, seems to be a trend with people thinking they'll get in without the effort, we're also seeing a few day 0 failures on basic even though they passed on PRTC.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
    If my eyes are weapons why do they make me work in an office without any windows??

I get to speak to a lot of the failures after they do so - in most cases it is failure to prepare. More than a few don't even attempt the bleep test or replicate it on a treadmill, assuming a basic standard of fitness is one you can maintain without doing any!

rhysowen Guest
    Hey I was one of the people on that PRTC that passed yea only 3 failed. All on the pressups believe it or not?

forcesman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rhysowen View Post
    Hey I was one of the people on that PRTC that passed yea only 3 failed. All on the pressups believe it or not?
    What's the criteria lately, for press ups, push ups, bleep and run?

100% of the RAF FT for age and gender.

Don't pass? Your application is stopped for6 months, then your into the interview stage agin, assuming there's still a requirement for your trade at that time...

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

forcesman Guest
    I'm at the stage where I'm relatively comfortable, but I think I need to kick on now to increase my times and numbers.

I'm doing 1.5 miles in 11.36, with a large proportion of the run (outside) on a slight uphill gradient and a further part of the run on a higher gradient, so I think I may be okay there. I'm doing around 35 sit ups in a minute, although will now be stating to do them 'by the book' from the RAF site. A question about press ups; I'm currently doing 41 in a minute but am unsure if I am cheating. Legs no more than 30 cm apart, that's fine, but what about the distance between arms/hands? I have big and wide shoulders and have quite a wide base, is this allowed?

Bleep test be starting end of this week to see where I am in that.

Bit of initiative (i.e. the Search button on Careers website...) will get you all you need! http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/canijoin/fitness.cfm

All protocols you could ever need for the RAFFT are in there.

forcesman Guest
    Yeah I seen this, but the guy in the picture has his hands close together almost under his shoulder blades. Now, it's a big difference between doing a press up like this and doing the way I do it - with my hands/arms quite wide apart and forward of my head. It doesn't specify this aspect, only saying 'comfortable' and hands pointing forward. Don't want to show up on the day and have my technique brought into question and find I'm falling on my face after five press ups.

EDIT - Also, doesn't it seem like the test is a little dis-proportionate? 19 press ups in a minute seems a little too less whilst 32 sit ups in a minute seems a touch on the high side? Whatever, it's in the rules I suppose, so that's what must be done.
    Last edited by forcesman; 11-04-2012 at 08:42.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast