Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. for the maths part:

when i applied for officer last year we had to use S/D/T in planning exercises.

this website helped me and it may prove useful (or not)

http://www.speeddistancetime.info/

some are easy, some are hard, but it does get your brain working.

i'm waiting for a date for my AST so i'm using this to help.

2. Aptitude test

So...I'm waiting for a date to be set to do my aptitude test.
    I do think that it is rediculous that an entire job is at stake all dependant on wether or not any of us can pass the aptitude test!

seems to be that not just the raf but companies all over the uk are doing this.

ive had a go at the practice paper and it takes me about 20 mins to do 3 questions!!
    plus...ive had to swat up on my maths - if you havent checked out the practice paper, then i strongly urge you to do so...(google it, it is on the RAF website)
    completely panicked when i saw fractions and decimals. omg ive not done that since school.
    anyhoo yeah...has anyone sailed thru their AST? how did it go?

Caroline
    Last edited by wrigleatode; 03-03-2014 at 13:39.

3. I got good results in my AST but then I have always had a knack at psychometric testing. Just get focused and answer as many questions as accurately and quickly as you can because you won't have time to recheck your answers.

Don't get put off by people next to you even of they are ahead of you and if you struggle on a question then just move on to the next, time is against you and there will be sections of the test where you will fail to answer all of the questions.

Good luck, and if you fail the first time then you do get a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by wrigleatode View Post
    So...I'm waiting for a date to be set to do my aptitude test.I do think that it is rediculous that an entire job is at stake all dependant on wether or not any of us can pass the aptitude test!seems to be that not just the raf but companies all over the uk are doing this.ive had a go at the practice paper and it takes me about 20 mins to do 3 questions!!plus...ive had to swat up on my maths - if you havent checked out the practice paper, then i strongly urge you to do so...(google it, it is on the RAF website)completely panicked when i saw fractions and decimals. omg ive not done that since school.anyhoo yeah...has anyone sailed thru their AST? how did it go?Caroline
    Don't panic. Companies across the UK are indeed using psychometric testing, however, they are often looking for people with the right attitude or a knack for, say, customer service. We are slightly different in that we are looking, generally, at a much broader range of measurements than your typical psychometric test. It is not a test that is designed to catch you out; so, while you should feel free to brush up on the basic skills like maths etc, there is only so much 'revision' you can do. Aptitude means aptitude, and you either have it or you don't. The AST identifies whether you are suitable for the role you may have chosen. What trade are you aiming for?

5. Ast - 2

Hi all,

I've recently applied for Int Analyst and sat my AST. I scored more than enough in Verbal and Numerical, however, I was told my work rate let me down and dragged the score down.

Does anyone have any practice sheets or similar exercises that I could use to improve this section?

4 mins to answer 20 questions is quite tough and underestimated this part.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Downsizer View Post
    There should now be a practice AST on the Raf careers website. Could try that....
    I might give it a go when I'm back in Blighty... It'll be funny to see what it recommends!

HTB
    When you go out looking for revenge... dig two graves.

Quote Originally Posted by Downsizer View Post
    There should now be a practice AST on the Raf careers website. Could try that....
    https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/h...apply/ast/test

8. Just practicing my necromancy here instead of making a new thread... But I'm applying for Cyber/ICT tech and am trying to figure out what they're looking for and what it means for a 5 in NR (sourced from here https://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/arch...p/t-47340.html ). Does that mean 50% correct or is it 5/5 for 100% correct needed? Just looking for a bit of context on the meaning. As I understand it, ICT CQ - VR=5, NR=5, EC=5, MC=5 Group score 63 for it. But I'm not sure what that means out of context
    Last edited by Bombadil; 28-07-2017 at 22:06.

Just sit the test, don't worry about the score. They'll tell you what you've scored for after mate!
    It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

10. That they did, still no idea how this system works but I passed it. VR=7, NR=9, EC=9,MC=8. Now I just need to get ready for my interview next week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12