Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

1. Has anyone got an iphone?

Hi,

Do anyone know of a shop that sells iphones in Cyprus. The Apple web sites doesn't list an outlet in Cyprus and i want to make sure the phone would be supported.

Thanks

Sucking a golfball through a garden hose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespa32 View Post
    Hi,

Do anyone know of a shop that sells iphones in Cyprus. The Apple web sites doesn't list an outlet in Cyprus and i want to make sure the phone would be supported.

Thanks
    Hi,

I dont but my fella does and we also both have apple ipods. Usually with all apple products they are supported anywhere in the world. If you go on their website it will give you the most local tel no of the repair center and you simply ring them and quote your product serial number. They then send you the packaging with a courier to collect it and it goes away and comes back usually very quickly. Both times I have sent my Ipod away it has been back within the week.

Hope this helps, not really sure if you meant supported if it went u/s or not.
    You can't fly without Supply.

If it ain't raining, it ain't training!

Should Work

The iPhone 3G or 3GS should work on any 3G network if the phone is unlocked, they will also work on a GSM network but will be very very slow.

Watch out for jail broken phones as they lock up every time they have their systems updated. Additionally the iPhone will suck up your data allowances so make sure you're on the right kinda contract.
    Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

4. If you want it on a contract O2 do it.

Beware the latest firmware update from Apple, I read somewhere it will prevent jailbreaking of i-phones after installation, don't know if it has any effect on phones already "freed" though.

It is, I firmly believe, completely impossible to be both equal AND diverse!
    Life is too short to worry what people who don't matter think of you - My cousin (RIP)
    If you go through life with your head in the sand, all people will see is an ar$e !

Update

Very shortly Orange will start selling the i-Phone and Vodafone join the fray from early 2010.

Orange to get i-Phone
    Vodafone play catch up

If you go their websites you can register your interest in advance.

I wonder if we will see prices come down or will they stay stupidly overpriced.

It is, I firmly believe, completely impossible to be both equal AND diverse!
    Life is too short to worry what people who don't matter think of you - My cousin (RIP)
    If you go through life with your head in the sand, all people will see is an ar$e !