Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    gemarriott Guest

Pubs with good food and good beer

Put your reccomendations and warnings in here

gemarriott Guest

Manvers Arms Rotherham

Manvers Arms in Adwick near Wath.

Good choice of beers and lagers with an excellent carvery Sunday lunch, as good as any I have had.

Cost around £10-£12 per head for two courses and a couple of pints.

Edzar Guest

Thumbs up Spreadeagle, Barton Bendish

For those around Marham there's a pub a 10 minute taxi trip away in Barton Bendish called the Spreadeagle.

Excellent Sunday carvery and best to book a table as it gets very busy.

Oh,and it has Bitburger on draught

The crown in Albrighton for Sunday Lunch: 2 Sunday roasts, 1 fish and chips and a kiddies lasagne. just shy of £17.00. I have been told the Bell in Tong on the A41 does a good carvery on Sundays but have not been myself.

Can't remember the name of the pub, but it's on the road towards Aylesbury on the right as you leave Wendover. Good selection of Ale and good Thai food.

PVR club joined (Early termination my ar$e)

The Olive Branch in Clipsham. Great food and beer.
    The Jackson Stops in Stretton. Very good food and hosts the world nurdling champs every year.
    The Fat Cat in Norwich. More real ale than you can shake a stick at.
    The Murderer's Norwich. Great all round pub.
    The Walnut Tree Shades in Norwich. Just a favourite of mine.

monobrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Edzar View Post
    For those around Marham there's a pub a 10 minute taxi trip away in Barton Bendish called the Spreadeagle.
    Always heard great things about the Spreadeagle. Never ventured to it mind.

On the A10 though between Downham and Kings Lynn is the Andel Lodge. Great little family owned place and the food is excellent! Wobbly on tap
    Last edited by monobrow; 19-11-2007 at 01:05.

White Hart Shifnal (Near Cosford) been Shropshire Camra pub of the year loads of times and good lunchtime food, good kiddie friendly beer garden as well. You pay for your drinks kids drinks are free. Top watering hole no juke box, no pool table, just good atmosphere and good pint. I have been known to frequent the place on occasion.
    Stents keeping things open 24/7

Men have status, boys are busy updating theirs

mad_mo Guest
    If ever in London, My personal choices are :

The Red Lion, Waverton Street W1, just to the back of the Saudi Embassy. A lovley old pub with good real ales. Its in the heart of Mayfair but dont let the area think it costs a bomb for a pint, far from it.

Also, the Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, 145 Fleet Street. Proper coal fire places and a pub has been recorded on the site since 1538. It very dark and dank but you wont come across many pubs like this in the UK. A Samuel Smiths Establishment.

If your in the New Forest Direction, The Royal Oak at Hilltop, just outside Beaulieu. Im a regular in there!

Im sure Yossarian can recommended a few more in the Capital.
    Last edited by mad_mo; 18-11-2007 at 23:47.

A leper colony somewhere in a secret Oxfordshire AT hub.
    Never had a bad meal in the Three Crowns at Brinkworth, between Lyneham and Swindon (turn left at the Prince of Wales roundabout at the top of Bassett if heading away from lyneham, then just keep going). Always gets rather busy as well so best get there early.

I will come out with more now I have a good excuse for sampling different pubs at will.

Dunsplooshing,

Have eaten at the pub in question, not bad food but can't comment on the carvery though.
    I came, I saw, I ate some pies (well lots actually).

Project/Programme future Brize, I'm surprized it only took 12 years to make a pigs ear of it.

I am now grumpy, it's official!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plumber View Post
    The Olive Branch in Clipsham. Great food and beer.
    The Jackson Stops in Stretton. Very good food and hosts the world nurdling champs every year.
    The Fat Cat in Norwich. More real ale than you can shake a stick at.
    The Murderer's Norwich. Great all round pub.
    The Walnut Tree Shades in Norwich. Just a favourite of mine.

Try the Kings Head on Magdelen Street, just up from Anglia Square, not a lecky pump in sight, no music just real ale of every discription including Belgium and half the price of the Belgium Monk
    Old Scopies never die 'Their afterglow just fades away'

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast