Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just how much do those in Ivory Towers take note from the Goat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been subjected to a witchunt from postings on here. They never got me tho!
    It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by justintime129 View Post
      Could they monitor you if you used your own mobile laptop or tablet.
      I would suppose not (IT Biff). I was not referencing individuals, in the main, rather suggesting that "they" monitor or used to monitor the goat content as a whole for trends and opinions. Occasionally though a poster would leave way to many clues to their off goat identity making it simpler for such posters to be invited in for chats without a beverage.
      Stents keeping things open 24/7

Men have status, boys are busy updating theirs

Comment

Originally posted by justintime129 View Post
        Could they monitor you if you used your own mobile laptop or tablet.
        Yes. My instance was a comment I had made on my PC at home about the number of personnel within my trade who had not done an OOA for well over 10 years, with some closer to 20 years, whereas the turnround time for me was 3-4 years. The comment was factual, because I had seen the live TG17 OOA spreadsheet via a 1:1 briefing from the Chf Clk where I was shown exactly where I appeared in relation to everyone else. I was well down the list, but due very soon because pretty much everyone above me was exempt for one reason or another - it worked out around 30% of my rank & trade were unable to deploy.

My post never mentioned names - more my astonishment at how many non-deployables were knocking around. If it ruffled a few feathers in Ivory Towers, then so be it.

Comment

As for one way chats I know of a regular individual on here who was called in a few times by the JEngO we had at the time. Said JEngO was a massive bellend though.
          Elitest B'stard.

Show me a man who never fails and I'll show you a man who never tries.......

sigpic

Comment

Have seen screenshots of this forum used in a manning TMT brief.

Comment

Are the powers that be able to access a Goat members account details?

Does the Goat management require a warrant to access individuals' account details or is the constitution of the Goat such that it gives in to any request from RAF or MOD big-wigs?
              It all started with nothing, then it exploded.

Comment

E-Goat is covered by the Data Protection Act 1998 (soon to be replaced by the EU GDPR). If the members of mgmt wish to gain details about users accounts it must be either with the permission of the user or by court order. If the E-Goat leadership was found to be giving out details with our permission then it is a breach and will mean fines for the E-Goat, possibly fines for the MoD for asking for the info, any info gained would not be able to be used in any legal proceedings and any disciplinary action taken against you using this info would not be legal.

Comment

We have never given out members details to anyone.
                  It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

sigpic

Comment

I do recal a couple of years ago a few of us got into a scrape with the MoD department that looks after, shall we say, “niche” personal interests. Suffice it to say that potential damage to public relations and contemporary branding is considered far more important than general complaints about career conditions and the parlous state of the Forces.

Were this not the case, we wouldn’t all have compulsory (and frankly ludicrous) objectives for diversity

Comment

Completely agree. This should be in our roles and responsibilities as it is a core part of every service persons job and not wasting a slot that I can use.

Comment

Working...
                      X