Medical Cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Cover

Well, now that the Medical Cover has ceased at RAF Lyneham, except for the one person crochetting a string vest for the Fire Section!. Does this mean that you will all be available for Station Guard Duty?
    Whats Greater than God and Worse than the Devil. The Poor have it, the Rich want for it. You can see it but can't feel it and if you eat it, it will kill you?

AH, but isnt the fact that they are still on-call a get out clause?

Comment

I work: 4 Days - 2 Stand By -2 OFF, 4 Nights - 2 Stand By -2 OFF patten, yet that does not excuse me of Guard Duty, (and Ensign Raising shinanigans). So how the feck can 1 night in a blue moon, making cuppa's and darning string vests excuse Medics!!......wibble....
      Whats Greater than God and Worse than the Devil. The Poor have it, the Rich want for it. You can see it but can't feel it and if you eat it, it will kill you?

Comment

Originally posted by Wg Cdr ComfeyChair-Smyth
        I work: 4 Days - 2 Stand By -2 OFF, 4 Nights - 2 Stand By -2 OFF patten, yet that does not excuse me of Guard Duty, (and Ensign Raising shinanigans). So how the feck can 1 night in a blue moon, making cuppa's and darning string vests excuse Medics!!......wibble....

Its simple, you take over the sock darning/vest repairs as you can easily do them in the cruise on the outward/return leg to just about anywhere, freeing up the Medics to do gate guard. In fact, if you made your tea and bacon rolls the loady could stay behind and do the ensign malarky.

Comment

The pointy end medics up at the wing get to do guard, its only the wimps at the RMC who get away with it. Something about duty medic being 28 Hrs (0811 on day of start til 1200 following day (sleeping duty)). and 72 hours at weekend, this may now change with a new shift pattern for the new arrangements.

However at my last med centre we all did guard as do a lot of units now so I believe they should do their stint. That from a medic too.

Comment

Working...
          X