Announcement

Collapse

SOFTWARE UPGRADES AND E-GOAT DOWNTIME

E-Goat will be go down occasionally for more upgrades and updates.

There's still a lot to do but we have taken the leap and going for Goat!
See more
See less

Do Not abuse MSCU.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Not abuse MSCU.....

I'll raise my hat to Chef's and stewards that serve on MSCU... after serving on several exercises and operations they alway produce excellant results...no matter what the contiditions they encounter... (and with very little money per head) ..... respect to you all.....

Do they cook heads???

Comment

I'll raise my hat to Chef's and stewards that serve on MSCU... after serving on several exercises and operations they alway produce excellant results...no matter what the contiditions they encounter... (and with very little money per head) ..... respect to you all.....

Have to agree, they do a top job in poor conditions, it's a shame cooks on camp can't perform as well.
      Get your problems solved here
      Buy a sausage2 tshirt here

Comment

Having spent a large majority of my career being detatched I have to agree - when In Ali Al Selem, the food was excellent. Goia del Col - Excellent, Kahbul - Excellent. Basrah - Good. - 7 months on HMS Illustrious/Invincible - ****e, in fact the only people on board who are allowed to whistle are the cooks - proves they are not eating the food (why the fook they would want to was beyond me)
        Whats Greater than God and Worse than the Devil. The Poor have it, the Rich want for it. You can see it but can't feel it and if you eat it, it will kill you?

Comment

Yer, top nosh in the desert, you forgot to add Thumbrait, top nosh in the field kitchens there too......whatever happened to the portakabins???? We need them on Telic now
          Cheers

Wobbly
          E-Goat Head Admin

"ACTA NON VERBA"

Forum Etiquette and Rules :: Tech Support :: E-Goat Security :: E-Goat Folding Team ::

sigpic

Comment

Thumrait Portacabins....

The porticabins where moved up to seeb, about 2 years ago... when the Good old USAF left Seeb....the brits had to actually spend some money instead of sponging of the Yanks...They are located on the other side of the airfield... about 1/2 km away from the Local Carrefour Supermarket....They moved the Kitchen and the cooking staff.... excellant food is still being produced by those guys....

Comment

I agree, the only thing that kept us sane in Kosovo was the thought of being able to nick a Landrover on a sunday lunchtime and driving down to BRITFOR Centre for some delicious grub cooked up by RAF and Army chefs. Credit where credits due. Eek just remembered about pay as you dine, I bet the contractor's cooks won't be a patch on RAF ones.

FOMP

Comment

Back in the early Basrah days, before tent city, the high points of the day were indeed mealtimes, as mentioned earlier, top nosh prepared and served under extreme conditions.

Well done to all the lads & lasses !

(The main idea was to get there before everyone else so as not to be caught outside the tent and have to queue in that awful stench from the broken drains of the old hotel opposite!)

(Anyone else remember that foul memory?)

Comment

MCSU - always fantastic

Eek just remembered about pay as you dine, I bet the contractor's cooks won't be a patch on RAF ones.
                  PAYD is in operation here at Henlow, the quality of food is abysmal, hardly any of the singlies eat in the 'building formerly known as the Junior Ranks Mess'. Judging by the amount of 'George Foreman' grills on display in the kitchens, we must have shares in the company!!

Comment

I do indeed remember the stench MiniG, and with the hand washing facilities outside, just alcohol gel!

Been informed that PAYD will not be happening at Lyneham as they cannot take thechance on the food actually improving!
                    Whats Greater than God and Worse than the Devil. The Poor have it, the Rich want for it. You can see it but can't feel it and if you eat it, it will kill you?

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, nice to know Chefs are appreciated. I spent 9 years on MCSU as it was known then (now 3MCS) and had a great time all over the World. Probably the best job for a Chef at the time, hard work but rewarding seeing your tired little faces come in and cheered up by our meagre offerings... Happy days.

Comment

Big shout to MCSU, they can cook a four course meal, and a decent one at that from nothing more then sand, a rock anda dead scorpion lol.

Comment

On a Norwegian FOB all the newspapers dissappeared one week, to much moaning. Until Fri when the MCSU guys gave them back complete with Fish and Chips in em... That was a thing of beauty after freezing my nuts off doing a gyro change. It's that little bit of thought that makes a difference
                          sigpic

Always read the small print. It usually starts "Your attestation date is....."

Comment

I remember them arriving at Ali Al Salem to take over from the Bangladeshi's that were running the kitchen - the MCSU boys were top notch and made such a difference to morale.
                            sigpic

Comment

Another vote for the MSCU boys and girls from me.
                              Elitest B'stard.

Show me a man who never fails and I'll show you a man who never tries.......

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X