Announcement

Collapse

SOFTWARE UPGRADES AND E-GOAT DOWNTIME

E-Goat will be go down occasionally for more upgrades and updates.

There's still a lot to do but we have taken the leap and going for Goat!
See more
See less

Rapier Techies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapier Techies

Does anybody know what's going to happen to all them techies on Rapier when it goes to Pongoland?

I would think that they must be Armourers, Ground techs from GEF trades and Ground Radar trades, I would think that these techs would be returned to normal duties at station level somewhere.
    Cheers

Wobbly
    E-Goat Head Admin

"ACTA NON VERBA"

Forum Etiquette and Rules :: Tech Support :: E-Goat Security :: E-Goat Folding Team ::

sigpic

Comment

Will they fired?....I'll get my coat!
      Engineering today is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof solutions to lifes problems...
      ...and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots!

So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Techs on Rapier are predominatley TG3 (as was). Mixture of AD's and ex TC's and AF's (from when they "amalgamated" TG3) mainly AD's hence JAFAD's (Just another Ferkin AD!) Most of these will find themselves on TCW, 1 ACC or redundant! The Sqn's also consist of 1 Armourer, 1 MT Dvr, 6 MT Fitters, 4 Gen Eng (2 of each) 3 Stackers and 2 Clerks. They will all go back to reality.
        PS: Believe it or not the RE guys don't actually want Rapier, its too unwieldy for what they use it for, they prefr guns or HVM. They are having to observe the Regt Cat boards and Staneval's as the RAF Regt are better at it than the RE and the latest SOPs written were 10% new, 10% RE SOP's ands 80% RAF Regt! Hmmmm? My dads bigger than your dad argument in the halls of power perhaps?
        Well I heard about the Goater you bin dancin' with, all over the neighbourhood, so why din' you ask me RAFBird, or did'n u think I could.

Comment

Rapier...

It was actually MOd and the RAF who "lost" rapier to the army, origionally there were supposed to be 2 RAF Sqns left, however someone somewhere said that that was not enough and wanted three.....Govt said..NO...if You want thre You can have non...give it to the army (16 Regt.)
          As Stax said, the techs will be swallowed up within 1ACC or TCW (as these are pretty much the only jobs left in Tg 3/4!).

Comment

Working...
          X