X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAINJAFAD View Post
    Left Spade in early 2000
    Don't know you then. My apologies!
    "We are all one big happy F'ing family". Bad guy Deacon Frost in Blade talking about TG4 amalgamation!!!

Comment

Myself and an old friend went there Jan 1984 for a 2 week holding post as nugget LAC's until Boulmer had some accomodation ready. I left 3 and half years later for Bentley.

Botchergate on a Saturday night, missing the transport back and making my way to the police station for a cell for the night. If you did'nt pull that is (which is why I was on first name terms with the old bill up there)

What's it like these days ? Please dont say RAFP are there.

Does duty airman still consist of running the bar for a week ?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyJim View Post
        Myself and an old friend went there Jan 1984 for a 2 week holding post as nugget LAC's until Boulmer had some accomodation ready. I left 3 and half years later for Bentley.

Botchergate on a Saturday night, missing the transport back and making my way to the police station for a cell for the night. If you did'nt pull that is (which is why I was on first name terms with the old bill up there)

What's it like these days ? Please dont say RAFP are there.

Does duty airman still consist of running the bar for a week ?
        RAFP just do SI and CI work now. The guard duties are now done by MPGS. Sodexho now do the contract for catering including the Bar. Their is no Duty Airman. Last there 2006 so unless something has changed since then.....
        "We are all one big happy F'ing family". Bad guy Deacon Frost in Blade talking about TG4 amalgamation!!!

Comment

Tg3

Yes, Ex Spade/ TG3, those were the days aaahhhh.............

quote=T93;155192]Hey guys,

How many ex spades bods out there?.

Largest unit in the RAF (landmass wise).

any ex TG3 boys...esp AD??[/quote]

Comment

I was there 05-07 as the T1 instructor, great camp and a great bunch of lasds, the management spoiled the place though.
            Shane

Comment

Hated my time there! But a great bunch of guys (all trades) there and many a good night in the bar!

Comment

I believe I was there '94-'95 on Mutes at GMW, all a bit of a blur though due to the bar beeing very cheap......The midgies had big teeth though!!

Comment

Spadeadam

Ah, yes...

Went to Spade straight from Locking in 1986 and got lost by manning coz I stayed til 1992 - not a great career move but loved it. Went back 2005-2007 in GAFE. Would go back if they let me.

RBS (7Mk4s!), MuTES/T4 (at GME and GMW) and Eng Co-ord for 6 months (on promotion to Cpl under WO Bob Thompson).

Bar duty was great, although do remember JT Mark 'Jimmy' Riddell losing about 200 'coz he smoked and drank all week and didn't pay a thing! Great!
                  Dilbert

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
                  Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

No, twenty-three is old. It's almost twenty-five, which is, like, almost mid-twenties.
                  Jessica Simpson

sigpic

Comment

I was the last blue suit MT driver there before it went contract civvy! Loved every minute of it, the bar was the center of the universe to the liver's in! Buses into Carlisle at weekends kept a low level of sanity, and a glimmer of hope of getting laid. Unless you wanted a go on the barmaid, which most of us did!

On a slightly different subject a mate of mine ran the stores there, and when I last contacted him he said he didnt work there anymore but wouldn't say why not. Now im assuming its under a slight cloud, so if any Goaters know why he left then please PM me. DO NOT post publicly, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dilbert View Post
                      Ah, yes...

Went to Spade straight from Locking in 1986 and got lost by manning coz I stayed til 1992 - not a great career move but loved it. Went back 2005-2007 in GAFE. Would go back if they let me.

RBS (7Mk4s!), MuTES/T4 (at GME and GMW) and Eng Co-ord for 6 months (on promotion to Cpl under WO Bob Thompson).

Bar duty was great, although do remember JT Mark 'Jimmy' Riddell losing about 200 'coz he smoked and drank all week and didn't pay a thing! Great!

I remember Bob. Nice chap.
                      Ich Bremse auch fur Bier!

Comment

Ah, good old spadeadam!

2004 - 2008 on the T43

Awesome, would go back anytime!

__________________________________________________ ________

NO BOMBS WITHOUT COMMS

Comment

Couldn't keep me away from the place!

85 - 89 Mutes and (eventually) T4
                          92 - 96 Mini-mutes
                          99 - 04 GAFE

Had me moments there, but all in all I enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dilbert View Post
                            Ah, yes... Went to Spade straight from Locking in 1986 and got lost by manning coz I stayed til 1992 - not a great career move but loved it. Went back 2005-2007 in GAFE. Would go back if they let me.
                            Ha, ha..... Back!

Dilbert

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
                            Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

No, twenty-three is old. It's almost twenty-five, which is, like, almost mid-twenties.
                            Jessica Simpson

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X