Leading defence company sponsors new RAF Scampton Airshow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leading defence company sponsors new RAF Scampton Airshow

Northrop Grumman has pledged its support to the 2017 airshow by becoming its title sponsor.

The show will be held on September 9 and 10 at the legendary home of the RAF aerobatic display team the Red Arrows.

Airshow director Paul Sall said he was confident that the sponsorship agreement with Northrop Grumman would prove mutually-beneficial as the new event begins to establish itself as a key player within the UK's airshow industry.

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/le...ail/story.html
    sigpic

Bad luck Scampton boys and girls, welcome to the never-ending crap fest that is sorting out and working on an air show. I'm sure the underworked personnel of Waddington will be only too pleased to lend a hand.
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason', Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjarabbi View Post
      Bad luck Scampton boys and girls, welcome to the never-ending crap fest that is sorting out and working on an air show. I'm sure the underworked personnel of Waddington will be only too pleased to lend a hand.
      I wouldn't have thought Scampton alone would have the manpower resources to host an airshow?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PerArdonAdPollo View Post
        I wouldn't have thought Scampton alone would have the manpower resources to host an airshow?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
        And you're entirely correct, it's a small Station located on one of the worst roads in Lincolnshire. My comment was that undoubtedly the poor schmucks of Waddo would be dragged up there to 'help out'. I spent 4 years at Waddo and the air show was one of the biggest pains in the arse we had to endure.
        'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason', Mark Twain.

Comment

I'd suggest that the manpower will likely have to be bussed across Lincoln before the crowds arrive and after they leave, unless of course a campsite is erected so that trainees from cranwell can carry out the work, a bit like the cosford trainees at fairford.
          "can you go to the med centre and pick up some fallopian tubing?"

Comment

Sounds more like the disaster that was Op Olympic

Comment

I thought there was a glut of people sitting on their arse in RAF Lincolnshire not doing much .....
              sigpic

Comment

I was reassured just a short while ago by the person named above that manning would not be an issue and like RIAT it would depend mainly on an army of enthusiastic volunteers.
                sigpic

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Comment

Course those companies throw their weight behind these things.

Joe public sees Scampton/Cosford/RIAT Air show

I see Arms trade show with free labour provided by the RAF.

Check out my new missile Mr Saudi Prince, I can do you a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by FOMz View Post
                    I thought there was a glut of people sitting on their arse in RAF Lincolnshire not doing much .....
                    Nope, that was just me but I don't count anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X