Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US to routinely base P-8 Poseidon aircraft at Lossiemouth alongside British aircraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US to routinely base P-8 Poseidon aircraft at Lossiemouth alongside British aircraft

The P-8 Poseidon basing agreement has been signed by Harriett Baldwin, Under Secretary of State for Defence Procurement.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/us-b...tish-aircraft/
    sigpic

They used to be just across the way in Keflavik and we would work jointly during busy times then...now they no longer have that base it makes perfect sense to get them into Lossiemouth.

I think I can hear the Project team who are introducing the P8A into Lossies already under demand real estate collectively groans as they factor in a couple of extra frames on the tarmac at any point.
    sigpic

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Comment

You should see the plans the US have. They want to build an accommodation block, (anyone who has been in transit at a USAF base will know how plus they can be), they want their own ops building and also want to upgrade the gym!

Comment

Originally posted by techie_tubby View Post
        You should see the plans the US have. They want to build an accommodation block, (anyone who has been in transit at a USAF base will know how plus they can be), they want their own ops building and also want to upgrade the gym!
        No Naval Exchange commissary type thing? I say let them crack on...wherever they go they bring the greenbacks.
        sigpic

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Comment

Oh yeah, more quiet nights in the Elgin Pubs for the locals...
          "If you had to choose between your wife or winning the lottery, what new car would you pick"?

Late & Tired

Comment

I wouldn't put it past them wanting to build some sort of PX. There will be lots of dodgy dealings on the go if they do though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

400 new aviation orientated new jobs in the area....whose up for applying for a tartan passport then?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_Fuego View Post
                No Naval Exchange commissary type thing? I say let them crack on...wherever they go they bring the greenbacks.
                I'd have thought that a US Commissary will be a no-brainer - they're building an Ops room, so you can guarantee that they'll have their own postal clerk, admin clerk and a commissary. The US Welfare package for people serving overseas puts the UKs version of 'welfare' to shame, by a power of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_Fuego View Post
                  They used to be just across the way in Keflavik and we would work jointly during busy times then...now they no longer have that base it makes perfect sense to get them into Lossiemouth.

I think I can hear the Project team who are introducing the P8A into Lossies already under demand real estate collectively groans as they factor in a couple of extra frames on the tarmac at any point.
                  Maybe a bit off topic but the Keflavik base was only made available to them because in WW2 Churchill decided to invade a neutral country. I'm not slagging him off for that, it was a good plan and I'm just saying.
                  It all started with nothing, then it exploded.

Comment

Working...
                  X