Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gibraltar NAAFI and Civilians

Hope this is in the right place!

My mate is getting married in Gib in October. As there isn't a lot to do there once you've been shopping and wandered round the Rock, I had a nosy and noticed there's a NAAFI bowling alley (ah, the good ol' XL).

What's the gen on locals and non-RAF personnel using the place?

Ta in advance!

From what I can rememember (I left there 4 years ago, so things may have changed), there is no restriction to locals/non-MOD using the place as it's in the middle of the Europa estate, which is accessible from outside and the locals use it as the Gib bowling alley. It may be worth giving the NAAFI Manager there a call though out of courtesy though, just to make sure.
    Those of you who think you know everything are really annoying to those of us who do.

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick Hunt View Post
      From what I can rememember (I left there 4 years ago, so things may have changed), there is no restriction to locals/non-MOD using the place as it's in the middle of the Europa estate, which is accessible from outside and the locals use it as the Gib bowling alley. It may be worth giving the NAAFI Manager there a call though out of courtesy though, just to make sure.
      Or get a life, stay away from the NAAFI and go to the spanking new bowling alley in Kings Bastion smack bang in the middle of town. Better beer, MUCH better eye candy, no cowboys etc etc...

And when you are bored of bowling go upstairs for a bit of ice-skating
      Last edited by Lanckielad; 17-07-2008, 09:46. Reason: i am a spelling dufus

Comment

Just got back from Gib. The new complex at the Bastion is pretty cool. If your after a good restaurant. Go to The Waterfront at Queensway Marina. Bloody good nosh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanckielad View Post
          Or get a life, stay away from the NAAFI and go to the spanking new bowling alley in Kings Bastion smack bang in the middle of town. Better beer, MUCH better eye candy, no cowboys etc etc...

And when you are bored of bowling go upstairs for a bit of ice-skating
          As I said, Lancks me old china, I left Gib in 04 and all there was then was the Ultrabowl. Haven't been back since, unfortuantely (met the wife there, so there's a reason not to go back!) so I'm not familiar with the new one on King's Bastion. 'Bout time the Gib Govt got their act together and sorted one out for themselves instead of relying on the MOD to let them use our facilities.
          Those of you who think you know everything are really annoying to those of us who do.

Comment

Originally posted by Minor View Post
            Just got back from Gib. The new complex at the Bastion is pretty cool. If your after a good restaurant. Go to The Waterfront at Queensway Marina. Bloody good nosh.
            (Sorry to power post!) The Waterfront is a cracking restaurant. Top Indian menu there too. I was there when the Viceroy of India burnt tdown, so I had to head there for a decent curry. Mind you, Simon's, up past Engineers Lane, is easily the best restaurant in Gib (if it's still there). Better still, head over the border to Jimmy's Bar.

Comment

Working...
            X